Build in progress.

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TacomaBoy

Re: Build in progress.

Post by TacomaBoy »

Thanks for the pump.The Ka requires 34 no vacume to 44 with, under load. Check out my intank swap. I used a pump and sending unit from a 95 i think it was Maxima. It has the same fuel pressure requirements as the KA. And fit like a glove in the tank where it belongs.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Well, this is kind of cool. Not sure of the application yet, but found a lower rad. hose that pretty much fit like the glove. Off the O'reilly Auto shelf. #21613. Progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

It's alive as of yesterday. After a 180 deg. out correction with dist. and replaceing a section of orig.fuel line, key it a few seconds and to life it came. I ran it for about 30 min at various rpm to seat rings. I have to do some digging with fuel management,seems a bit rich and dose'nt like to idle below 1300. Maybe more break in , but I suspect I have some tuning to figure out. 19 lb flywheel new crower stage 1 cams,370 cc injectors. It's a beautiful day to be on the road. Just wont be me. Still need to shorten driveline,relay in the fan,come up with a heat shield around the exhaust area or relocate wireing to tail lights.
Marty_Escarcega
Roadster Nut

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

TacomaBoy wrote:It's alive as of yesterday. After a 180 deg. out correction with dist. and replaceing a section of orig.fuel line, key it a few seconds and to life it came. I ran it for about 30 min at various rpm to seat rings. I have to do some digging with fuel management,seems a bit rich and dose'nt like to idle below 1300. Maybe more break in , but I suspect I have some tuning to figure out. 19 lb flywheel new crower stage 1 cams,370 cc injectors. It's a beautiful day to be on the road. Just wont be me. Still need to shorten driveline,relay in the fan,come up with a heat shield around the exhaust area or relocate wireing to tail lights.
Good to hear you are closer. Keep us posted on the tuning issues.
Marty
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Great step forward!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
311 junkie

Post by 311 junkie »

We need a video of it running when its together.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Will post for sure. I found that the MAF sensor is bad. Causing a very rich condition. It way to loud for my taste right now. Sounds lika a track car. Labor day weekend I jacked up my foot at vollyball game so really hav'nt had 10 mins. with it sence. Thats a bummer. I'll get the vid soon.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope this link works. Otherwise it can be seen labled as Tacoma boys KA powered roadster. Enjoy! P.S. my problem was the idle air circut was plumbed in wrong. Rookie.
Marty_Escarcega
Roadster Nut

Thanks for the update, glad you got the engine running. You have to be pleased. I hope to get back on ours in a couple of weeks now that the weather has cooled down here in AZ. Got to pull body back off and fix a few things, my engine is a used 91. We need to put new freeze plugs in it. I also want to try and get it running in the chassis, get the drive shaft cut and balanced too. Also want to have the body media blasted and put a couple of coats of primer on it so we can start body work after the engine is running.

You have to really want to drive it now... :-)

Marty
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Shoot Marty, I have to be pleased as you will also be. That is alot of work, and to have only a miss-routed line, I feel good. Will get the driveshaft in the next week as well as the throttle cable. Things should start falling into place. Oh and that exhaust. Well,we'll see what happens there. Thanks. Mike.
Marty_Escarcega
Roadster Nut

TacomaBoy wrote:Shoot Marty, I have to be pleased as you will also be. That is alot of work, and to have only a miss-routed line, I feel good. Will get the driveshaft in the next week as well as the throttle cable. Things should start falling into place. Oh and that exhaust. Well,we'll see what happens there. Thanks. Mike.
Mike, keep us posted on what you use for the throttle cable. I trust you are using the old driveshaft, just needs to be cut down? I heard they work with the 240SX 5spd trans.
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

Success. Sounds great, probably won't be at idle much anyway!!!! :wink: :wink:
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

The sound quality on my wifes camera does no justice. The mechanical aspect of the eng. sounds like a wound up sewing machine, which is good. At idle is a differnt subject tobe delt with. I'm just happy after cutting the eng.harness to pieces and back together it runs as fine as it does. Thanks again for all and any input from the 311 gang.
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

yay!
Solvang 2012
do it
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Marty_Escarcega
Roadster Nut

Tacoma Boy, what's the latest on your KA conversion?
Marty
Mesa, AZ