Hello from Sunny Spain :-)

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

spanish csp311

Hello from Sunny Spain :-)

Post by spanish csp311 »

Hi Everybody,

I´d like to introduce myself to the forum members, maybe a little late but better late than never. :roll:

I don´t actuallt have a Roadster but a close relative a CSP311 Nissan Silvia, which shares chassis, mechanics, suspension, and a few other items but uses a hand built body that was produced by Yamaha for Nissan during production. The shared components are, to the best of my knowledge, the same as an early 1600 Roadster so this make restoration and maintanence a little easier.

I have uploaded a few low res photos to the photo gallery ( http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/gallery/menu ... lbum_id=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" ) so that you can see my progress ( or lack of it ) over the last 5 years. A divorce and then a subsequent marriage, a baby girl, building a new house, doing business abroad and other cars are my best excuses, but now I am dedicating almost all of my free time to the Silvia. But it is slow going as there is an almost complete lack of information on the Silvia specific parts so there is a lot of investigation and trial and error involved.

There are a few basic things that I am missing like a heater unit, hubcaps, 1 rear light, etc. but I seem to be getting progress on these fronts and many parts have been sourced on Yahoo Japan auctions and Ebay. So I hope to have the car on the road by the end of the year though there might be a few issues to sort out afterwards.

If you have a Silvia, know of one or are interested in these old cars I´d love to hear from you. A Silvia owning friend from the Uk and myself are starting to write a website about these cars so keep a look out for http://www.csp311.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" :wink:

Symon
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Hello from Sunny Spain :-)

Post by S Allen »

Hey Symon-welcome and Silvia's are welcome here. We actually have a Silvia Discussion Forum here on the board. There is a fellow from the UK that requested it. Here is the link http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=46 There seem to be some inter-changeable parts between the Sports and the Silvia's.

Also, I have installed a Coppermine Album which is a lot more robust than the current Gallery Album. I had a Coppermine Album running on a homegrown server. The problem right now is I have run out of disk space. I am in the process of upgrading my hosting service so this will not be an issue after the upgrade. I will post the link once the move is completed. Great pictures of your project-thanks for sharing.

Enjoy!!!

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
spanish csp311

Post by spanish csp311 »

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the welcome to me and my Silvia.

I hadn´t seen that Ian in the UK had asked to start a new disscusion board. Ian came over to see me a couple of weeks ago, we spent most of his time here trying to fit the front and rear screens again. The first time we fitted we did so without the moulding, now we have learnt that lesson !!!!

I´ll try to keep all of you informed of future progress.

Symon
CSP311
Site Supporter

Post by CSP311 »

Hi Symon,
Good to see you joined. Nice lot of infomation on here, which is useful to what is relavent to us. I have not posted much, but I am slowly getting my head into roadster world, so I have a little better understanding of that side of things.

Oh, my Silvia heater is famous!! How are you getting on copying it? Ah, those hours/days with the front and rear rubbers and trim...how could I forget!!

Cheers
Ian
1965 Nissan Silvia (CSP311) for total restoration
1978 260Z finally on the road (Rebello 3.2L)
CSP311
Site Supporter

Post by CSP311 »

Forgot to add....credit is due to Symon for the huge effort and time to get to where he has with his Silvia restoration. I know others have been done elsewhere, but being thousands of miles from advice from someone who has restored a Silvia, it is not easy. Symon, take a bow.
1965 Nissan Silvia (CSP311) for total restoration
1978 260Z finally on the road (Rebello 3.2L)
spanish csp311

Post by spanish csp311 »

Hi CSP311,

Thanks for your kind words :wink:

I must thank you for spending most of the time that we were last together in my garage as we tried to fit the ******* windscreen mouldings. I hope I never to do that job again.

As I now doing quite a lot on the Silvia I am starting to learn which bits are the shared between the Silvia and the Roadsters. Quite a lot in fact. When we get round to writing the http://www.csp311.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website I will make an effort to put all this down in black and white.

Yes you heater is famous. I found a few photos on the web of the same heater except for the air outlet section. I´ve placed a wanted to buy post here and it seems that I might get lucky. I´ll keep you informed.

Symon
Chris66
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Chris66 »

Symon, in a photo called "keeping good company" is as far as i can see two Z cars do they also belong to you or just some wrenching mates ?

Chris
SPL311-05204 R16 22895 - 20% of Danish roadsters
1966½ - 1600
Not half year, half car
Primm69

Post by Primm69 »

Hi Symon!

Haven't you finished that car yet? :lol:

Ruth (and Alan)
spanish csp311

Post by spanish csp311 »

Hi Chris 66,

Yes there are 2 Z in the photo. The Silver 260Z 2 seater is mine, I should have done lots of things to it but my Silvia is getting priority. The blue car is also a 260Z, this is one of the cars that I bought from the USA to sell in Spain. It is now in Bilbao and painted in works ( red and black ) colours.

Symon
spanish csp311

Post by spanish csp311 »

Hi Ruth and Alan,

Sorry the old girl is still not finished. :roll:

But at least I´m doing a thorough job and trying to get the car right. Currently I have some time on my hands so I am actually progressing ! I hope to have most of the interior and exterior trim finished by the end of next month, then all I need to do is engine and gearbox. I´ll keep all of you informed.

Symon