Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

gmiles
Roadster Nut

Post by gmiles »

Here I am. This is my first Datsun. I'm learning as I go. I've had the car for almost a year but was working on a 74 Chevy stepside for my son. The guy that had the car wanted it to go to a good home so a friend picked it up and offered it to me for what he paid for it. I have to let him and the original owner take it up PCH to Monterey when it's done, though. And I cant sell it, except back to one of them.
She's titled as a 66, but the engine number falls into the sequence for a 68. There's no data tag and I haven't verfied the VIN on the frame yet. I'll finish putting the carbs back together today. If I'm lucky, I'll change the oil, rig up an I.V. for fuel and see if I can get her running. I had to weld some holes in the tank and used a quart of Line a Tank to seal things up. Hopefully, nothing will blow up.
Thanks in advance for all the info available here.
Me-"Wait, Al. I've got an idea."
Al-"What, you found another way to f%&K it up?"
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Re: newbie

Post by LI Roadster »

welcome to the addiction.. there are lots of helpful people here, and a wealth of information..

keep us posted on the progress
1969 2000 Roadster
Tim
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: newbie

Post by Tim »

Hi,
Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find the members more than willing to help with your questions. No question is to silly to ask even if you are not "smarter than a third grader." You will find the site informative, the humor tolerable (it is not quite Jay Leno yet, but everybody is working on it - no paid writers) and generally a great place.

Tim
Akron, Ohio
1968 1600 Roadster
Link to pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20862891@N07/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;