New here !!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Bonk

New here !!

Post by Bonk »

Hello all ..
Im new here to this forum ...im starting my "Other" little toy now and its a 1967(non metric) Roadster..
It needs alot of little things but does run ..
im looking to make it a little fun car that wife and i can take up to the hills or coast on day trips with the top off and putt around:)
I,m not new to Datsun's though.I have a 1973 240 Z that is a little race car of mine ..it has a 1993 5.0 Ford in with the 5 speed,and all the little tricks you can do to little car :)
I'm looking forword to meeting you all ,speaking of meeting some of you ..when is the West coast nationals this year down in LA? ...I have not been to them for some time and i heard they have got pretty huge ..

Anyhoot cya all later

Rob P
AKA "Bonk"
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:New Here

Post by S Allen »

Hey Rob,

Welcome, it is nice to have a new member. The Z car Nationals are the same weekend as the Roadster Show in Solvang April 25th or 26th. You should try to make the Solvang show to get you pumped up and then you could head down to the Z Nationals on Sunday. I look forward to seeing you there(at Solvang). Sounds like a pretty hot little Z car. I have a bone stock '72 240Z and it goes fast enough for me. :shock: Enjoy the forum.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Rob

How the hell are you!! I you didn't already know we have a Roadster Club here in Fresno. Where have you been? We meet the first Saturday of every month at Carrow's restaurant on Shaw Ave. between Cedar and 6th St., close to Fresno State. We will be getting together this Saturday the 3rd., finalizing plans for the Solvang Roadster show we are hosting on the 23rd & 24th.

Come on by, hopefully any questions you have about Roadsters we can help you with, and if you need anything special there are a ton of parts cars around town.

Lou Smaldino
http://groups.msn.com/fresnodroc
FresnoDROC
66-1600
67-2000
Bonk

Post by Bonk »

Parts lol ...im going to need them ...right now im looking for the rear shoes and some slave cyl's for the rear ..well heck here is a list that i know im in need of ..

1. rear shoes
2. slave cyl's for the rear
3. the soft line that goes to the slave cly for the clucth..just looks bad
4. the temp sendor on the head ( know th wire and gauge works)
5. a amp gauge ( mine broke inside while back )

thats what i can think of right now off the top of my head ...
i drain the fuel and flushed the lines the other day and changed the oil and coolent ...starts up good but after runing a bit i hear a little tick from the eng, i know its a soild lift cam they use in it and the books says .017 on both intake and ext but it does not say ajust "cold or hot" so i think the rockers might need some ujustment to them ....

As for the club stuff thats way cool ...kick me down some info on how to join and wife and i are there:)

As for the show i will try to make it ...i work many hours (like 12+ most days and dont get many sats off )
where is Solvag anyways loll

anyhoot
cya all around
so sorry about the spelling and stuff ..not a very good writer you know ....just trun wrench and stuff for a living :)

Rob P
Bonk@killersuff.com
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

Bonk,

Hope you do come to Solvang as you will get to meet all kinds of people who you can talk shop with. Gear heads, vendors, stock, engine swaps- you name it they will be there. It is always a great time.

Hook up with the Fresno crowd for Solavng info. They are a great bunch and will be a great asset to you as you restore the car.

Hope to see you there!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

I tried emailing this to you but it got bounced back to me undeliverable. Lou
Parts lol ...im going to need them ...right now im looking for the rear shoes and some slave cyl's for the rear ..well heck here is a list that i know im in need of ..

1. rear shoes
2. slave cyl's for the rear
3. the soft line that goes to the slave cly for the clucth..just looks bad
4. the temp sendor on the head ( know th wire and gauge works)
5. a amp gauge ( mine broke inside while back )
If you want new parts we can help you find them, if you used ones we can probably take them off a few cars
thats what i can think of right now off the top of my head ...
i drain the fuel and flushed the lines the other day and changed the oil and coolent ...starts up good but after runing a bit i hear a little tick from the eng, i know its a soild lift cam they use in it and the books says .017 on both intake and ext but it does not say ajust "cold or hot" so i think the rockers might need some ujustment to them ....
Wecan help you with the

Adjustment, especially Kerry Dehmel he has 3 67-1600's
As for the club stuff thats way cool ...kick me down some info on how to join and wife and i are there:)
There are no dues, just show up on Saturday, ask lots of Questions, and make some new friends. Bring your Roadster if you can, but you don't have to.
As for the show i will try to make it ...i work many hours (like 12+ most days and dont get many sats off )
where is Solvag anyways loll
No problem we all understand the work thing, I just recommend the joy of seeing 60-70 roadsters all lined up is a neat site
Bonk

Post by Bonk »

lol know what i did ...its bonk@killersurf.com not Bonk....

i went to the local nissan dealer today and did not really get much help on the parts i wanted to find ...the book they got out was pretty old and the could not tell me if the parts they wanted to order was for the 67 1/2 or nine so i did not order them ..

is there a local or online place that i could use that "knows" the diffrence between the years so i dont get the wrong part?

what i really need is the right rear wheel cyl or a rebuild kit for it ..it works but leaks ..
the rear brakes look good but the right side is oil soaked ..i guess i could soak them in brake cleaner and clean them up

i would like to find a temp sensor that goes on the head behind the water neck
and the volt gauge im going to need also

if you know anyone selling these i will buy them :)

Rob P
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Rob are you going to make it by Breakfast on Saturday morning, I'll give you the straight scoop.

Lou
Bonk

Post by Bonk »

no i cant ..i have to be back at work ad 6am in ther moring

bummer