Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Alvin

You better be bringing a car this year or at least driving one of Raul's harem!!

I never said the KA is the shiznit (whatever that means!!) but is a cost effective and just as if not more reliable alternative to the SR20. The SR20 is the Japanese option for these vehicles and is plentiful in Japan.

But unless you are able to speak Japanese, if you need parts you are going to pay an arm, a leg and maybe even a testicle for the parts.

When you can build a very respectible 200+ to 300+ hp KA engine and have a plethera of availble parts for it.

See you at Solvang!!

I love this kind of talk.

Lou
70MTroadster

rebuilt 5 speed

Post by 70MTroadster »

Is it a Borg Warner or Servo Synchro?

scott
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

ka24

Post by SLOroadster »

Lou,
You had me scared for a moment. Just had to be sure.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Just to comment on KA owner’s scare tactics ( :lol: ) about SR20 parts, the SR20DE(T) is one of the lowest maintenance engines that I have had the privilege of owning. My SR powered cars have had ONE failure in 160,000 miles of driving them, and that was a water pump, which failed at 74.000 miles.

Service schedules for an SR20DE engine are at 30,000-mile intervals, a major tune takes place at 60,000 miles (when you replace the spark plugs). Typical maintenance items for this engine are the distributor cap, rotor, plugs, air cleaner and PCV valve. You can get all of the service parts for a RWD SR20DE at your local Nissan dealer except for the distributor cap, and my business stocks those at $25 each.

Really the only thing that we have seen regularly fail on an SR engine is the aforementioned water pump, and we stock those as well, not as cheap as the KA water pump, but still reasonable for a part that you will probably only change once in 10-years. My company also stocks head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pans, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. The internals of the engine are the same as any domestic FWD SR20DE engine part (except for turbo specific items such as pistons, etc.)

Like Alvin said, there are lots of companies selling SR parts now, and if you did manage to break something major, we can get it out of Japan in less than 2-weeks. In the 5-years that we have been selling SR parts, we have very rarely had to do that.

An SR20 is not a tired U20, or R16, your days have having to worry about engine rebuilds, head gaskets, etc. are over. As long as the engine is properly maintained, it will more than likely outlive the roadster…

We can argue about the KA vs. SR on another thread…

My .02c

Michael
Spriso Motorsports
1966 Datsun Roadster (SR20DE power)
1992 Sentra SE-R (SR20DE power)
and several more SR swaps in progress...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Alvin,

The wheels on the car in my avatar are 14" RS Watanabe's.

My car is currently being painted the exact color as the one I have in the picture, and will sport 15" Watanabe's....

Here is the photo of what it will look like when it is done:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... rt=1&size=

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... rt=1&size=
Spriso Motorsports
http://www.spriso.com
Instagram https://instagram.com/spriso/
SR20 Powered Roadsters
Engine swap kits Available! See my website!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Alvin

I wish I had as many parts lying around as Michael does!!!

I agree with everything Mike says about SR20's, they are Nissan built, just like the KA's, and they will probably last more than 200,000 miles, just like the KA's my only arguement was with a cost effectiveness basis.

More power to anyone who wnats to get whatever they want, I just think the KA24de is very cost effective compared to the SR20DE.