Monterey Historics Pics!

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Monterey Historics Pics!

Post by Alvin »

Another beautiful day at the Historic races in Laguna Seca!
2 roadsters in the Datsun corral:
Jay Leno was in attendance, said he owned a 1600!
John Morton piloted a Sunbeam Tiger, and held his ground against some 'stangs and other muscle cars:

A spectacular showing of ultra-rare Toyota 2000GT sportscars. 26 cars lined up!!! Only 54 were imported to the US, this was supposedly the largest gathering of them anywhere:
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

http://www.burbankleader.com/articles/2 ... cars08.txt

Check out this article (roadster reference). Jay Leno was there, and he also said that he owned a 1600 roadster. Unfortunately my girfriend didn't bring her camera while he was checking out my car and chatting with me. He told me that he had 160 registered vehicles in California. 80 cars, 80 motorcycles. I guess he owned the 1600 before he was famous. I also met him about a year ago at Autobooks in Burbank. He drove up with a McClaren/Mercedes. $450 grand! I asked him how he liked it. His answer was "too much Mercedes, not enough McClaren".
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I have some pictures, unfortunately, non of the 2 roadsters. Lots of Alfas and other stuff.

Enjoy.

Will

http://community.webshots.com/album/560356336zkfCNe
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Great pics, love the corkscrew exit shots.
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
DC311

Roadster Racer Sold at Monterey Auction

Post by DC311 »

I may be late with this info but hadn't seen it mentioned yet:

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cf ... &Currency=

Dennis
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

That was built by Steve (our fearless leader) a few years ago. It went for $14000+. Not quite the $20-30K they estimated it would go for. It has no history, and really no special parts, its just a solid race ready 66 1600 that I wouldn't hesitate racing right out of the box. I've seen the car in person, and there is nothing that really stands out about the car. The fact that it did bring $14K is a sign that the cars ARE worth something.

I really hope I get to see the car run at a historic/vintage event in the future. By the way, did anyone see the Z that was running with the IMSA group. I think it was a 240Z. Perhaps the wall of anti-Datsun is starting to crumble.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:My Race Car

Post by S Allen »

Yeah, I wanna cry but I will just chalk it up to lessons learned. That car came along way since I bought it from Gerarado for $1000 and some change. I drove it on the street as my Columbo car before I decided to tear into and turn it into a racer. May she bring someone a big sh-t eating grin on the track.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth