Original Pix

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Original Pix

Post by DatsunBucky »

As I was going through my old slides, I came across a couple that might be of interest to those on the board that are restoring a Roadster, particularly the 67.5 SPL.

These are original slides, unretouched, and only lightened a little bit and corrected for fading. The first is of the left side of the engine compartment. Sorry for the quality, but the slides are half-frame 35mm, and the image is only .9" wide by .6" high.

The second is of the right side of the engine. Notice the color of the alternator adjusting bracket. I honestly do not remember painting it. I also find interesting the way the bolt holds the whole assembly together.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~buckymac/engine_left.JPG
http://www.users.qwest.net/~buckymac/engine_right.JPG
Bucky
millertime

Post by millertime »

Bucky:

Great Post!!!
I love the Vintage pics. Restoration is nice but to see it first hand off the showroom is cool. thx for picture posts. I would love to see more pics of these cars when they were first purchased. Since I am only (ahem) 37 I wasn't quite old enough to remember them when they came out.

Thx
Derek

If anyone has any old pictures Please post :) or link to them
Ratster

Post by Ratster »

Even better... (uh Steve?) How about an archive of pictures showing the different years in their bone stock appearance? Wouldn't THAT be cool?
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Original Pics

Post by S Allen »

Mark,

That is a great idea and something to put on the "to do" list. The tough part is getting the pics of original cars. None of mine will do as they are far from original. Any one have a bone stock original car want to submit some pictures? I believe Greg Valenza's website has some but it would be nice to have our own gallery here. We will see what happens.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
DELETED

Original Photos

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Original Pics

Post by S Allen »

Hey Mark,

How about some close up shots-front-side-back and interior on your 1500. She is about as stock as you can get isn't she? Get that scanner working too!

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth