Universal fuel, vaccuum, water hoses???????????

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Universal fuel, vaccuum, water hoses???????????

Post by Guest »

Hey Everyone!

I have everything installed in the "heart" of my '68 1600 baby, but no hoses whatsoevver. Are there a universal reliable kind of fuel lines (the rubber ones, not the metal) I can use instead of pricy, "take-a-while-to-ship-to-me" ones? The same question regarding vaccuum/air pump?

I also have problems finding the small round air filter that goes on the air pump, and the small inner "screen-like" filters that go in the carbs(where the fuel lines connect).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jorge
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Rubber Lines

Post by S Allen »

Jorge,

Although not the best quality, Kragen, Pep Boys, AutoZone ect.ect. sell rubber lines in all the standard sizes. You get what you pay for. As to the smog pump filter and fuel inlet screens-check with the vendors. The smog pump filter may be the most difficult to find.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by Guest »

Steve:

I read somewhere about these fuel lines called "Tygon" that are even better than the Datsun ones, and bought by the foot, are a fraction of the cost too. I just don't know where I read a Roadster owner talk about them.

Is there a place where I can find a list of all the hoses for my car with their specified inner and outer diameters? That would be very heplful in finding the replacements. Thanks again Steve!

Jorge
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Lines

Post by S Allen »

Jorge,

The "tygon" you are referring to is for the carbs from the float bowl to the carb throttle. That is special line and is highly recommended. You can usually purchase "Tygon" from a place that does small engine repair such as "weed wackers" and the like. I will guess at the rest--fuel lines-1/4", vacum line 1/8", and the heater lines are either 5/8" or 3/4". I cannot remember which-pretty sure they are 5/8" though. How is the project coming along?

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by Guest »

Steve:

The project is coming along well....it's at that point where you are dealing with the small details that are small but soooo important! I have the body waiting to be reunited with the frame, but I don't want to do that until thew engine is tested first. I'll keep you posted, and I promise that you'll be seeing it in person soon!

Jorge