How do you change the transmission oil?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

LongBeach311

How do you change the transmission oil?

Post by LongBeach311 »

Now I clearly have leak on the transmission, maybe the gasket or somewhere. It is actually not bad and not dripping, they are just wet around the trans area.

My question is which bolt to drain and which bolt to fill? I seems cannot determine the location either. All I see is a round bolt, with a square lock, which can be open using 1/2" wrench. PLease advise. Thanks!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Drain & Fill

Post by S Allen »

The drain plug is on the very bottom of the tranny. Not sure of the exact size but look at the very bottom. The fill plug if you will is I believe on the drivers side of the tranny--literally on the side. You remove the plug once you get it drained and use a pump to put the new fluid in. Make sure the car is sitting pretty level and pump the fluid in until it runs out the fill hole. Put the plug back in and off you go.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by Guest »

Did you check the speedo assembly? Because the oil around doesn't necessarily means gasket problem...it could be the O-ring in the speedo. The speedo outlet and cable are actually on the drivers side, towards the back of the fill plug that Steve is talking about.........

Jorge