two new comp springs for sale.

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

roadstermike
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

two new comp springs for sale.

Post by roadstermike »

Two vendors just advertised new comp springs for sale in the vendor section. Are these the same springs for sale by two vendors or are they different springs? Anyone have experience with either?
Michael
67.5 2000 clone
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

These springs that are being offered by Datsunparts.com and Fairladyparts.com are the Same springs manufactured by the Same manufacturer.

All I can do is give you my own personal opinion that they work great, but some might consider that biased because we are selling them.

They were produced to be as close to the original springs Datsun produced for the cars using modern manufacturing techniques, we have put them on 2 different vehicles and compared them for Ride Height and driveability and they worked great!!

If you want pictures or more details just ask either of us directly..

Lou Smaldino
Lou Smaldino
Vacaville, CA

Enjoying the ride!!
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Hey Lou,

Are these spring as stiff as the original stock spring or are they soft like Mike Young’s spring? I am currently using Mike’s spring on my 69 and very happy with the ride, it’s smooth and comfy.

I need another set of spring for my other roadster and I'm wondering how difference between Mike's and Fairlady parts interms of stiffness

Thanks
Vinh
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

I will make you a deal Vinh, If you get a set and drive them around for a week and they feel too stiff I will give you a full refund, how is that?

I would appreciate an unbiased opinion!!

I have never personally driven with Mike's Springs on my car, so I cannot make a fair comparison myself!!

Lou Smaldino
www.fairladyparts.com
Lou Smaldino
Vacaville, CA

Enjoying the ride!!
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

A 2nd Thing Vinh, realize that there were 2 styles of the Competition springs that were produced by Nissan for the Roadster.

The original style that Datsun came out with in the 60's and the Second run of springs they had made by Eibach back in the 80's those 2nd run of springs were a little taller and stiffer than the originals.

Ours are based on the originals!!

Lou
Lou Smaldino
Vacaville, CA

Enjoying the ride!!
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

I planed to put on my 70 roadster but it’s not road worthy yet maybe in about three years however I will be need it soon when I remove the body off the frame…. What’s the shipping cost to LA 90031?

Thanks
Vinh