Hello to everyone in the forum

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Bill K
Roadster Fanatic

Hello to everyone in the forum

Post by Bill K »

Well I have taken the plunge and purchased Dave Brisco's 1966. I can see there is a very active and knowledgeable group of Roadster followers throughout the country, please be patient with the "new guy on the block"!
As I ask questions, that to you may seem basic, I am asking them to gain a better understanding of what works and does not work with this car. Daves car will be receiving a new engine in the spring. During the winter my warm basement will lend its workshop and heat to move the project forward. Presently, I am somewhat confused as to what I want and can afford to build. I like the idea of a fast, hard accelerating car. All of my cars in the past have been V-8 powered Chevys. I have built well over 100 muscle car engines from Z-28's to L-88 Corvettes. I am no novice to automaobiles. As I have gotten older and more practical , I'll be 59 in March, I want handling , fuel economy, and straight ahead speed. Don't believe Dave when he tells everyone I am not an aggressive driver. When I drove his '66 prior to the purchase it was his car and a strange car to me. There is no way I would drive abusivly in that scenerio. Anyway, I wanted to say hello to everyone and I feel grateful to be a part of your tight knit friendly group.
Bill Kocur
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Welcome

Post by S Allen »

Hello Bill,

Glad you were finally able to get on. We are always happy to help. Enjoy.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Victor_laury

Re: Hello to everyone in the forum

Post by Victor_laury »

Bill K wrote:it was his car and a strange car to me. There is no way I would drive abusivly in that scenerio.
Bill, when ya get to know her, you'll find she likes a good tossing from time to time. Welcome to the site.
RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

Hi Bill, Welcome!

Congrats on your new purchase!

Hope to see you out on the road.
67.5 2000, SRL 311 000305 Solex
A race car since new!
Instagram #RC240Z #geoskyalert

check out my blog at www.rcnetworksracing.com
Daryl Smith
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Daryl Smith »

Welcome Bill,

"I have built well over 100 muscle car engines from Z-28's to L-88 Corvettes. I want handling , fuel economy, and straight ahead speed."

A competition swaybar is a good first step for a car I think already handles fairly well. 8)

Economy? Just about any 4 cyl will be an improvement on what you are used to, I suppose....

Straight ahead speed... :shock: .Maybe you should head straight to the KA24DE swap with a set of cams and a free breathing intake....Best bang for the buck I think.

Cheers
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Welcome!
Always nice to see more members and fellow enthusiast! Good luck with the new lady :P
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

OK, I give. He was just being nice. Actuallty I'm the one who drives like a Grandmother, mostly.

Remember, it's not abuse, the car was ASKING for it :D

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit