Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

mschel
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Hardtop Project

Post by mschel »

Where can you find the weatherstrip for the hardtop to body side?

Mine is a high window Parrish plastics if it matters. Thanks.

quote=Alvin post_id=346508 time=1709603297 user_id=953]
MrWaj wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm I just acquired a hard top from a 64 to fit my 67. Front latch are self explanatory but I have no idea what the rear hold downs are. Does anyone have a photo of what happens there. Need to get is attached in the next day or so for transport.

Alex
On your '67 body, you will use the same attachment points as your soft top frame!

For the rear, threaded adjuster is usually a spot to hang a J-bolt which then connects to a tab on your hardtop. Others have used similar attachment but with different hardware:

pS...1500 tops have a funky clamps system, not sure if it can be used with later cars
[/quote]
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Re: Hardtop Project

Post by Alvin »

MrWaj wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:05 pm It doesn't use the soft top attachment points. Looks like some sort of threaded fitting behind the soft top attachment. There's a recess in the top with hole in the base the aligns with the hole in the car that might be threaded underneath.
Gotcha, that means it's an early/factory-style mounting system. A threaded clamp is used but I have never seen one installed. I hope someone can chime in with a solution. I know there is also a rear bracket at the rear window, does your top have this? Maybe that plus the two header latches would be sufficent:
zoom in on this photo and you can see that there is some sort of bolt used just behind the adjuster/softtop location...like your recessed portion:

I should have taken a closer shot of it! Let me check
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread