DatsunsNW cruise to Mt. St. Helens - Oct 7th

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

DatsunsNW cruise to Mt. St. Helens - Oct 7th

Post by ppeters914 »

For your dining and dancing pleasure:
-------------------------
Datsuns NW is going on a cruise to Mt. St Helens on Oct. 7th, and you are invited!

In the past, we have had up to 26 cars paticipate in similar activities. If you have been involved with one of our past events, chime in with your experience and get your friends motivated to bring out their cars to have a great time.

The tentative plan is to meet at Castle Rock for lunch, then head to the lookout point. We will be coming up from the south (I-5). If you are from the north, get a caravan started (no, not the Dodge) and meet us!

Check our club website http://www.datsunsnw.org for more info!

--------------------------
...and from the roadster mailing list:
Greg Burrows wrote:
Last year (not this) coming back from Shasta, I decided to take the exit off I-5 and head through Cougar to Mt. St Helens. I had made the run from north to south before and knew that the road to St Helens was awesome.

However, before the turn off to head direct to the mountain, the road is rather rough in places, north however did not have the rough stuff before the turn, and man was it great! Miles upon miles of twisty turny roads through beautiful country. Then the turn to St Helens and more twisty turns only now you are going through incredible devastation (even today).

The trees are all blown down like match sticks for miles in every direction from the mountain (which makes it easy to see what is on the road way ahead of you so you can pass the slow pokes)... really mind blowing how powerful the explosion was.

My daughter and I went back later that year, and on the way home I miscalculated how rough one area was, and we actually caught air (I kid you not), then slammed down on the suspension with a loud bang. I pulled off to see if I had broken anything (nope) and we continued our blast on home (my car ain't no trailer queen!).

If it is not raining this would be a fantastic run in a Roadster. If you are ever in Washington coming north take the drive to St Helens... you won't regret it!

Greg Burrows
67.5 2000
Sounds like fun to me. Dunno if my roadster will be ready, but maybe the PL411.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Reminder that the run is this coming Saturday. I'm still hoping to go, but not without all the lighting working. Getting closer....

More info from Bluebirds list...
At 9 AM on Saturday the 7th, a caravan will leave the Chalet Restaurant (exit 263) on I-5. We will head north meeting the Portland contingent at 10 at the Delta Park Burger King. From there we will head to Castle Rock WA to meet up (around 11) with those coming from the north. We'll grab an early lunch in town and head up the mountain. Bring cameras and binoculars as the viewing can be spectacular.

Bruce Palmer
Salem OR
info@zerorust.com
sales@ztherapy.com
Pete
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Well, I discovered why my right turn signals don't work and a whole lot more. Damn PO electrical hack jobs! :x No way I can trust this car very far until I fix it. Not difficult to fix, just tedious. Does give me an excuse to purchase a decent crimper after all these years.

However, I'm getting to ride shotgun in Greg's 67.5 2L no-heat-no-top roadster....wooHOO!

Anyone else headed south from Seattle/Tacoma? We'll be leaving from the Park 'n' Ride south of the Tacoma Mall near 100th SW and South Tacoma Blvd at 10am:

Mapquest link to Park 'n' Ride

Cy'alls in Castle Rock... 8)
Pete
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
shifty
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by shifty »

Post some pictures Pete!
Leigh Brooks

http://www.shiftco.com - my blog about cars (and stuff)
Latest post: http://www.shiftco.com/radios/the-test-mule/

67.5 SRL-00139 sleeping
67.5 SPL-11481 suspended animation
67.5 SPL-12961 snoring
67.5 SPL-13622 - H20 PWR!