Put part numbers and suppliers here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

johnscf
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: front brakes brass block

Post by johnscf »

Curtis wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm This might be of some help to you.

https://kendo-usa.org/datsun/datsunbrakecylinder.pdf
thanks Curtis very good detailed description
Charlie
Grafton WV
68 2000
70 1600
71 Toyota Celica ST coupe
74 Toyota Celica GT coupe
johnscf

Post by johnscf »

spyder wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 pm
agree it’s strange but the prior owner used 4 inner calipers instead of 2 inner and 2 outer and i think the threads on the hard lines might be the problem and not completely seating in the outer calipers i put on
There is a reason for inner and outer calipers. Like bellybuttons, some of the fittings are innies and some of the fittings are outies. Mix them up and the flair fitting won't seal!
is there some reason that you shouldn’t use 4 inner calipers and just change the fitting on the line that formerly went to the hole that has the raised nipple on the outer caliper? For some reason some places have the inner caliper at a cheaper price
Charlie
Grafton WV
68 2000
70 1600
DAC21
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by DAC21 »

johnscf wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 pm
agree it’s strange but the prior owner used 4 inner calipers instead of 2 inner and 2 outer and i think the threads on the hard lines might be the problem and not completely seating in the outer calipers i put on
There is a reason for inner and outer calipers. Like bellybuttons, some of the fittings are innies and some of the fittings are outies. Mix them up and the flair fitting won't seal!
is there some reason that you shouldn’t use 4 inner calipers and just change the fitting on the line that formerly went to the hole that has the raised nipple on the outer caliper? For some reason some places have the inner caliper at a cheaper price
Outer cylinder pistons are NLA as new production from Nissan. That is why the difference in price. Only Vendors with dwindling old stock have them and are priced accordingly.
1967 1600 in waiting SPL311-09002 / R-28178
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Ultimate
johnscf

Post by johnscf »

DAC21 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 pm

Outer cylinder pistons are NLA as new production from Nissan. That is why the difference in price. Only Vendors with dwindling old stock have them and are priced accordingly.
That’s what I thought and why I was asking the question. Is there some reason you shouldn’t just use 4 inner pistons and just change the fitting on the end of the line? If the only difference is that one inlet on the outer caliper is different could you just change the fitting to the same as fits the inner caliper inlets and use 4 inner calipers? The previous owner for my car used 4 inners but didn’t change the fitting and that’s why I had a leak. It seems like if the fitting had been changed there wouldn’t be a problem
Charlie
Grafton WV
68 2000
70 1600
DAC21
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by DAC21 »

johnscf wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:04 am
DAC21 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 pm

That’s what I thought and why I was asking the question. Is there some reason you shouldn’t just use 4 inner pistons and just change the fitting on the end of the line? If the only difference is that one inlet on the outer caliper is different could you just change the fitting to the same as fits the inner caliper inlets and use 4 inner calipers? The previous owner for my car used 4 inners but didn’t change the fitting and that’s why I had a leak. It seems like if the fitting had been changed there wouldn’t be a problem
I have heard someone suggest this before but I have never read of anyone that has done so post information in regards to what fitting worked. I suspect if the correct adapter is found the hard line that connects to it may need to shortened?
1967 1600 in waiting SPL311-09002 / R-28178
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Ultimate
spyder

Post by spyder »

If someone wants to re-sleeve calipers I have some pitted ones.
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Charlie we already had lines made to do what you suggest. I’ll put them up on the website and post a link. They are “Dunlop conversion lines” since they allow Jag cylinders to be used also. Lines specific for the Nissan caliper are required since Jag lines don’t fit the Datsun. These do.

Give us a shout if you need them. We also have lots of new and sleeved cylinders on hand!

Unfortunately Nissan also jacked the prices on the inner cylinders.
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!