1967 SPL (non-running) value? see pics

Here can put pictures and write-ups about your roadster or other vehicles.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

johninsac
Forum Newb
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

1967 SPL (non-running) value? see pics

Post by johninsac »

I've got a non-running '67 SPL...been out of the scene for quite a while. The car is in decent shape, no major damage, my friend who sold it to me was going to swap in 2000 but never completed. The orig 1600 is back in the bay with wiring not hooked up. I'm looking for a value estimate. Thoughts? TIA John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: 1967 SPL (non-running) value? see pics

Post by theunz »

Hard to make any kind of realistic guess with such little information. I’d suggest going to bringatrailer.com and doing a search for Datsun 1600. Read the descriptions and look at ALL the pictures on the previous auctions. That should give you something to compare your car to and give you an idea of value. I would deduct at least 25% of value since yours is a non runner. Keep in mind also that the majority of cars sold there are sold for premium prices.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
Bwk2000
Roadsteraholic

Post by Bwk2000 »

+1 on what Mike said.

Always a tough call based on limited info/pics. To put things into perspective, the bidding on this (link below) older restoration ‘69 R16 topped out at $8K last month on BaT - Didn’t meet reserve but that’s as high as people were willing to go. Have a look through the pics, read the description and compare it to what you have to assess its value. Some will point to the Hagerty valuation tool, but in the real world, those numbers are inflated (except for the concours #1 values which are mostly accurate).

P.S. Welcome

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969- ... adster-20/
Kai
Halifax, N.S.
’69 SPL311 Sports 1600

Classic Cars - Because clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.
jr02518
Roadster Fanatic

Post by jr02518 »

One of the questions I would have is on Black plate cars in California, did the previous owner non-op the car? Keeping that one option will have all sorts of effects on the value of the car. Confirming you can keep that plate on the car is a big deal. In California.

Deciding to what level you are going to refresh the car, to get it into running condition is a level you have to embrace. Or not. I would not do paint or body work. Based on what I have gone through on my 1970, 1600 I can not understate you will touch and replace lots getting the car into just a driver condition. Doing the seats so you can just drive the car is one of those items that will make you think twice. If you have everything on hand to get that motor running as a 1967 you are so far ahead of the curve.

Refreshing a car is not restoring. I have to constantly remind my self of this. Your question was value, as it sits. Having that plate is worth lots!
Mike Young
Roadster Newby

Post by Mike Young »

Black plate can be used...IF an old document, ...pink slip or registration slip showing that plate was previously associated with the car.
Dreymar
Roadster Nut
Model: 2000

Post by Dreymar »

That looks totally neat! Curious about it's value.