Another Newb to 311's

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Lazybfarms
Forum Newb
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Another Newb to 311's

Post by Lazybfarms »

Just picked up a 1969 1600 for the wife as a summer cruiser / commuter. I am a retired Toyota dealer guy. I worked up from apprentice to service manager. Retired now, I teach auto shop at the local high school and run our farm in the summer. I think she wanted me to have a project to keep me occupied more than she wanted the car. With 3 tractors, 2 cars, a farm truck, quad, boat, 66 ranchero and a 24 hours of lemons racecar for the high school kids, I am not convinced I need anything else "mechanical" in my life. She pitches in and has helped tinker on it so far so that is good and it feels less like another "chore". Surprisingly solid bones with no major rust. I am not sure where this car originated from but it was not Western Wa. Mildly molested wiring and interior, decent paint, mechanically fair, it will give us something to work towards this winter.
Lazy B Farm
Mike and Tami
Elma Wa
Habitat.pat
Roadsteraholic
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Another Newb to 311's

Post by Habitat.pat »

Welcome! There are lots of folks on this site who can answer just about any question you have.

Peace,
Pat
67.5 SPL311 Stroker Restomod
Pat Horne, Near Austin, TX
We support Habitat for Humanity
A hand UP, not a hand OUT
TobyMan
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by TobyMan »

Welcome! What I did when I first found this forum is I went through and looked at ALL the posts. Yep, Took me several weeks usually while watching TV. You don't need to read all the threads. Something like 25K. It is amazing what you read about and learn about these little super cool cars and those that drive them. You read about all the little tricks of the trade and some incredible details. really helps when the "HOW LONG IS THIS TAKING ME AND HOW MUCH HAVE I SPENT" fever gets to you. :D . Lots of advice and reassurance that it can be done. Do you know at what angle the radio antenna comes out at? It's there as well as some relatively obscure and not so obscure details about parts, trouble shooting and restoration. People are always willing to give advice and help out. Incredibly knowledgable members. Body work, welding, interiors, vendors you name it! Even a few chuckles. Again, welcome.
Wilson, NY
1968 1600
keith0alan
Roadsteraholic

Post by keith0alan »

Welcome! No matter what the problem there will be someone here who knows the answer.