Rallye enterprises email!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Fetch
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Rallye enterprises email!

Post by Fetch »

A couple of weeks ago I got through to Dann in an e-mail looking for a used windshield listed. He stated he thought it was sold.
I did mention the site needs updating, he stated that he is not going to spend 11 hours a day updating the site. Just send the part number and he would look it up.
I guess you can read what you want into that reply.
Slackline
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Slackline »

I emailed them about a part a couple weeks ago. No response.
Rob

66 Datsun 1600 / K24
2021 CT4-V Blackwing
unklpat
Roadster Fanatic

Post by unklpat »

Again, please don't judge. We don't know why they are slow to respond, but they deserve consideration for how long they've been major suppliers/ advisors to this community. Pat
steve_car
Roadster Fanatic

Post by steve_car »

unklpat wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 pm Again, please don't judge. We don't know why they are slow to respond, but they deserve consideration for how long they've been major suppliers/ advisors to this community. Pat
I agree 100%. I have had many good experiences with Rallye years ago. I don't know why they are not as active as they once were, but I am sure they have a very good reason.
Steve
65 1500
62 L320
larichardson3535
Forum Newb
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by larichardson3535 »

This company is an insult to customer service. It is run by a lady who does not know how to use her inbox or spam folder. I have ordered from them eight times and only had three of the eight orders filled. I would have spent $10,000 or more with them if they would answer an email or pick up a phone. When I did a transaction with them a lady name Charlene was rude and acted like she was doing me a huge favor by talking to me. I would never do business with them again.
Bwk2000
Roadsteraholic

Post by Bwk2000 »

S Allen wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:06 pm I do not have anything against Dann nor Rallye but my latest experience was not a good one … Personally I am hesitant to try to buy anything from Rallye going forward. I have purchased from them in the past and always received excellent service. Not true any more …

Steve
Let’s face it, Steve was right. After more than three years of us providing excuses for their lack of any customer service or the courtesy of responding to customer emails, they’re done.

The reason(s) no longer matter as their ongoing neglect in providing even the most basic of services has become endemic.

Remove them from our ‘VENDOR LINKS’ list and be done with it so new members aren’t chasing the same dead end and winding up on this thread.
Last edited by Bwk2000 on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kai
Halifax, N.S.
’69 SPL311 Sports 1600

Classic Cars - Because clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.
rwmann
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by rwmann »

Unfortunate, since they may be sitting on the now unobtainable mother lode of parts.

Why not reverse-merge with a SPAC and get it fixed? (Just kidding about the SPAC.)
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

It is sad to hear, and I'm sure super frustrating to many here waiting for parts. Rallye was pretty much the only Roadster supply and support place for many many years, and did a great job of organizing and producing literature and parts lists with specific years etc. Time has marched on, as it does for all of us, and it appears this run may be coming to an end. As Dean has pointed out, it's very difficult and time consuming to run your own business day after day, year after year. Ask anyone who runs their own small business... There's no paid vacation, sick days, staff coverage, etc... it's all you baby. As consumers and customers, we just want our parts, and that's totally understandable and expected. As family members, I think it's important to remember we're all human and that there's a family member on the other end of every transaction and interaction. That's on both ends of course, so I'm not discounting people's frustrations. What I'm saying is that we should have some compassion for every family member when they are obviously struggling, and to recognize that changes happen and that everything comes to an end. We don't know what personal challenges the family members there may be facing. We should thank Rallye for their tremendous contribution to our hobby, and of course make adjustments to how and where you get your needs met as things change. I wish them the best, and hope they are able to navigate the waves in a way that results in the best outcome for them as well as saving vital parts for our cars.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Very nice. Always the kind word, Greg. That said, I hope their website doesn't go away anytime soon as it is a treasure trove of information. Hate to say it, but is there any way to "harvest it?" Normally, I would say "ask", but it doesn't sound like anyone at Rallye is responding.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

Sadly I did remove them from the vendors list. I only wish them the best. I figure we will lose more as time marches on.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
rwmann

Post by rwmann »

When you run your own business, you don’t run it for long if you fail to respond to customers. There are no shortcuts, vacations, time off, just customer service, and being ready to deliver customer service, 24x7.
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

S Allen wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm Sadly I did remove them from the vendors list. I only wish them the best. I figure we will lose more as time marches on.

Steve
Perhaps the site can be added to the Parts Section of the TechWiki w/ the caveat "For Informational Purposes Only" or some other disclaimer.

I wonder if someone who's been there and knows the address could actually drive there to see what's up?
Pete
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
Datsuns4Me
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Datsuns4Me »

larichardson3535 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:17 am This company is an insult to customer service. It is run by a lady who does not know how to use her inbox or spam folder. I have ordered from them eight times and only had three of the eight orders filled. I would have spent $10,000 or more with them if they would answer an email or pick up a phone. When I did a transaction with them a lady name Charlene was rude and acted like she was doing me a huge favor by talking to me. I would never do business with them again.
I think this post should have been deleted. The poster is a "newbie" on this site and has NO CLUE what Dann and his family might be going through.
S Allen wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm Sadly I did remove them from the vendors list. I only wish them the best. I figure we will lose more as time marches on.
As sad as it is, I understand why Rallye is being removed from the vendor list.

If you are going to remove a vendor for ANY reason, why not remove the links that no longer work? I am not doing the leg work but there are links on the vendor page that do not work.

Also, since one vendor seems to LOVE to blow his own horn about how much he does for this particular car, why doesn't he buy out Rallye's stock? Then he can be the king of Datsun Roadster parts and really stroke his ego.
sitting somewhere in the sands of time
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

I will get to cleaning up the other broken links. Thanks for the nudge.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Datsuns4Me wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:31 pmAlso, since one vendor seems to LOVE to blow his own horn about how much he does for this particular car, why doesn't he buy out Rallye's stock? Then he can be the king of Datsun Roadster parts and really stroke his ego.
I'm thinking this could have been said in a nicer way. Just like the newbie not having a clue, you don't know if the other vendor hasn't tried to acquire Rallye's inventory.
S Allen wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:35 pm I will get to cleaning up the other broken links. Thanks for the nudge.

Steve
When you're taking a break from finishing you garage and your stroker!!!! :mrgreen:
Pete
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***