Alarm

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Alarm

Post by Gregs672000 »

Greetings gang. So the discussion of stolen Roadsters a while back had me thinking I might need a bit more security. I've always disliked alarms because of false alarms and the hassles in general. However, I came across something simple that I think is going to meet my needs and thought I would share. I already have a kill switch wired in, so this just added some sound to discourage would be thieves. I see this as being used in a hotel parking lot over night, or off a trail head in the mountains, not every place but that's just me.
Here's the product: Check this out! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GCKS3Y?_e ... SRQ7SBB42T. As indicated, it's a bike alarm. It comes very complete and includes a bar mount that is very flexible and easily /securely attached to my clutch pedal near the top. It's rechargeable via a UBS cord that will plug into a phone charging outlet on a cigarette adaptor I already have to run my seat warmers. Per the reviews, the battery lasts for weeks. I tried to attached a video but it's giving an error that it's an invalid file... go figure! I will continue to try. I have not tested it yet in the real world but so far it seems good. I can shake the car hard and it doesnt go off. Smack the rollbar or open the door and it warns with several beeps, and hitting it again fires it off for 30 seconds with a flashing red light that lights up the cockpit. It was less sensitive when attached to the steering column if it turns out to false a lot... I'll let you know. The remote was small and easily attached to my key ring. So far so good.
:smt006
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Alarm

Post by dynaguy »

Wife and I are considering these for our new eBikes. Curious how well it works for you. Pat