Turn signals not working

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

norfor

Turn signals not working

Post by norfor »

I have replaced the flashers and the light bulbs are new, but the turn signals do not work. Any suggestions?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I've got a wierd one on this topic as well. All the turn signals work except the left front, it doesn't flash but does light up with the headlights on, the rears are all fine. The right side is fine. The left front will not flash, even with a new bulb.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

First confirm all connections are clean and tight. Take 'em apart and look at them closely. May want to polish the connectors w/ emery cloth, then clean thoroughly before reassembly.

Next, and a common culprit, check the 40-million grounds. :shock: Okay, okay, just check the grounds on the problem circuits. Again, unscrew/disassemble, give 'em the hairy eyeball, sand/polish/whatever the connecting pieces/frame, then reassemble.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

When my turn signals and brake lights didn't work I used the electrical connection spray stuff you can get at Radio Shack etc
Disconnect power and spray into all the sockets. Use a Q tip to clean off excess. That might do it or you can dissassemble , sand, spray, reassemble.
And as has been mentioned the grounds are important, had those show corrosion too. It's a good idea to just find all the grounds as you might not know some exist and they are all important anyway.
My 2 cents,

Linda

PS I like the nickname for your car, very cute.