parts pricing

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

wittiner
Roadster Newby

parts pricing

Post by wittiner »

Hi All,

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I need to let go of many of my roadster parts for cars I no longer own and or are extras. I am looking for suggestions on how to fairly price the parts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at parts for sale ad's on forums and that sort of works if I have the same part that someone else is selling. I also looked at some vendor sites to see what their used and refurbished parts are listed at. any other good suggestions.

Thanks,
Eric
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: parts pricing

Post by Linda »

You have to put a price for each part per List rules , but you can add Or Best Offer OBO.
A link with pics and prices is helpful.
Location essential
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
greydog
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600

Post by greydog »

I figure a good used part is worth up to half the price of a new one. Condition will reduce from that point. Bundle pricing should reduce total reasonably. Unobtanium parts should be priced as such.
Of course, if you have little investment, it's good to help someone out.
Dan
SPL311 aka Skooter. Sold. Now wasting away in the SF area.
1990 Nissan 300zx. Sold this one too.
2018 VW Tiguan
jrusso07
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000

Post by jrusso07 »

Agree with Dan. If you know the part numbers you can go to a Nissan dealer site (like Courtesy Nissan)and see if they have a price, even though the part is no longer available. You can also have a look on eBay to get a sense for what parts are selling for. What I see on eBay (generally) is lower starting bids will get some good action where high priced parts don't always sell. IMO, some parts are just over priced and I think those sellers are looking for the owner in desperate need, which is their right. So, if you are willing to let the "market" determine the price, put them on eBay with a reasonable starting bid and see what happens. Odds are some parts will be loss leaders and other will get a fair "market" price
Joe

1969 SRL311 - Solex
1970 SPL311 - U20 mod
1970 SRL311