Steering Linkage LH/RH Side Rods ???????????

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Steering Linkage LH/RH Side Rods ???????????

Post by itsa68 »

Arrrgggghhhhh........

I believe that the side rods on my steering linkages on my roadster may have been switched at one time and are both installed on the wrong side of the car .
The spare set doesnt seem to have any markings which indicate the side they are for.

Can anyone correctly identify which is the correct one for the drivers side and passenger side from looking at this picture of a spare set?

http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=217

Is the pictured ROD A, the drivers side or passenger side?

Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
deliver

Post by deliver »

From top to bottom of your picture you have a driver side, passenger side, drivers side and passenger side. That's what it looks like you have to me.
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by itsa68 »

Well........ after checking out the side rods on 4 roadsters (left hand drive), the verdict seems to be that the picture actually depicts from top to bottom:
Passenger side
Driver side
Passenger side
Driver side

July 7 edit:
Also, after going thru and analyzing the parts book, service manuals and pics of NOS part, I noticed that the grease nipples are always facing towards the rear of the car.

If anyone has info which proves otherwise , please speak up because I would like Steve to put the info and picture into the technical section to help others which may have trouble identifying them if they have their car in pieces.

Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog