Where's Alvin?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Maybe there should be more moderators. Then when someone gets out of line they can be given a "time out" from the board, or kicked off if bad enough. Also it can get dealt with before it escalates. I don't want to inadvertenly read all of that sniping either so it helps everyone.
Although I must say for the most part this board is excellent compared a lot of cyberspace.

Linda
68 1600
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Dicksonauto
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Dicksonauto »

I am glad I was gone for all the drama but am truly sad to loose the advice and information I have come to rely on in my roadster obsession. Alvin, if you happen by in a guest space. Thank you for all your contributions and keep the rubber side down.
Erik

Some people drive to go from point A to point B, I go from Point A to point B so I can drive.

1966 SPL Lucky
1966 Patrol Bones
1967 Patrol Link
1967.5 SPL Mugwomp
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

Moderation and moderators. I am hopeful both prevent the circumstances that led to the departure of Alvin, one of this forum's brighest lights.

Alvin,

I appreciated your contribution to and your advancement of the Datsun Roadster world. Hope to see you in your roadster some day!

Sincere thanks
Garth
_________
68' 2000
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

Stickerman wrote:
Maybe there should be more moderators
Or we can act like adults and not need moderators.....
I second that, we are all supposed to be adults here, except Evan :D , and he acts like an adult.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
ganderson

exactly

Post by ganderson »

Mark,

You are 100% correct.Alvin is a great guy like most folks on this board.

He was not sniped,he just not supported in his public slam of Will.He should have PM'd Will with that nonsense.

There have been some good natured slammings here on the board ,that was not one of them.

He'll be back or we may be visiting his website :D

gene
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Thanks for supporting me here. I've been getting feedback from people off the forum that I am the sole reason he left (something about an unprovoked flaming of him in the first place). I don't really enjoy getting a call saying that I am the only person to blame here. I don't know what was said after my last post on that. Personially I think Alvin is a good guy, I just don't see eye to eye with him on the engine swap thing. I do enjoy the photos he has taken, infact he has taken the only pictures of me that I have. I don't know what is being said on the roadster email about this but I do feel bad that he picked up and left this site. Enough of the finger pointing, cant we all just get along? :D

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
ppeters914
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

To be more accurate, there hasn't been word one regarding Alvin on the mailing list. I'm guessing no one wanted a repeat of last year's "Vendor Wars" thread. :?
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Dicksonauto
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Dicksonauto »

There's a mailing list??? I didnt know there was a mailing list :? . Is there anything else I dont know about? Secret handshake, password, a way to stop shorting out my electical in the '69 :D .

Really, where is the mailing list?
Erik

Some people drive to go from point A to point B, I go from Point A to point B so I can drive.

1966 SPL Lucky
1966 Patrol Bones
1967 Patrol Link
1967.5 SPL Mugwomp
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Dicksonauto wrote:There's a mailing list??? I didnt know there was a mailing list :? . Is there anything else I dont know about? Secret handshake, password, a way to stop shorting out my electical in the '69 :D .

Ummm, on the 311s.org home page, in the left column right below the link for the forums is a link for the Roadster Mailing List, which is the other great roadster resource. It appears there are a number of people who only use the forums -OR- the mailing list. I suspect quite a few of the mailing list only folks have dialup internet connections.

As for the secret handshake, I don't know it either.....and I've been annoying...er, posting for two years now. :P
Pete
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Dicksonauto wrote:There's a mailing list??? I didnt know there was a mailing list :? . Is there anything else I dont know about? Secret handshake, password, a way to stop shorting out my electical in the '69 :D .

OK, who's been talking??? Next thing you know they will find out about the secret decoder ring.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

I don't recall Alvin using the mailing list.

It seems that recently most of the mailing list posts get put here also.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Dammit, Dave! Ya just -HAD- to go and mention the decoder ring. Sheesh....

Yes, Alvin also posted on the mailing list. Not as much as here, but still.... Makes me wonder if he unsubscribed from there, too.
Pete
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***