Roadster Newbie in NJ

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

RoadZog
Roadster Newby
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Roadster Newbie in NJ

Post by RoadZog »

Hi everyone,

Happy Memorial Day!

I've been a fan of Datsun roadsters for many years, but am finally getting serious about making my first purchase. I still have much to learn, but am really encouraged by the community that has developed around these special machines. The advice I've seen here so far, to do your homework and buy the best condition car you can afford, makes tons of sense. At this stage, I feel like I need to better understand the pros and cons of the different models. The speed freak in me is drawn towards a 2000, but the quirky-cool 3 seat 1500 seems equally compelling, and I definitely prefer the older dash layouts. But, having never driven either, can you really get to know the character of a car any other way?

Short of a trip to Solvang, I'd welcome any suggestions for places here around NJ where I might be able to observe these creatures in their natural habitat, now that the weather here is playing nice. Are there any events I should make sure to attend? My son and love to go car hunting on weekends, so if anyone wouldn't mind showing off their pride and joy from a socially acceptable distance, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt H
Maplewood, NJ
1969 SRL 311
2017 Chevy SS
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Roadster Newbie in NJ

Post by S Allen »

Welcome Matt. There are a few roadsters in your neck of the woods. I am sure someone will pipe in. Good luck with the search.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth