Introduction

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

sp7pena
Forum Newb
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Introduction

Post by sp7pena »

Good afternoon from Phoenix AZ!
My names Sean, I'm 24 and new to the forum...what brings me here is my fathers 1967 Datsun Roadster 1600. Late 1995, the month I was born, was the last day my father drove the Datsun. My hole life he has kept it in our garages in southern California but never got the time to fix or work on it. I grew up sitting in this car pretending I was a racer car driver and now that I'm finally in a steady spot...I would like to actually race her. (after some time)

That being said, I know nothing about this car and need help... It has a sort of sentimental value to me and I would like to do as much as I can without sending it somewhere to be done for me. I'm moving the car from Southern California to my garage in phoenix next weekend and will be able to post pictures soon.

Big picture, I want to do a full engine swap, SR20 DET, grabbing some power for this "gentleman's weekend car". I have no mechanical experience other than basics so this will be a learning experience. I appreciate this forum and any help that comes my way. If there's any tips of where to start, its gladly excepted. I attached photos of it at my Dads currently.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1967 datsun roadster 1600
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Introduction

Post by garth »

Welcome to the site. :smt006

You've come to the right place and with all the local roadster help in AZ and Socal you will have the roadster fixed ready for a Father's Day drive! :)
Garth
_________
68' 2000
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Welcome. Tip #1- Read this site completely. It will take awhile but the info is all there. The SEARcH function is a little basic but you can find the info. Questions are fine but you may not get an answer right away.
Tip#2 Find other owners in your area to chat with. Invaluable.
Tip #3 Grab a sale Southwest flight to Burbank, rent a car ( weekend rentals cheap) and drive up to Solvang April 24-25 for the Solvang show. The greatest collection of Datsun brainiacs in one place anywhere! Hotels or camping available.
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
mikeb
Site Supporter

Post by mikeb »

Welcome to the forum, Sean! Good advice from Linda - you'll find the forum an invaluable resource.
Your car looks pretty complete, so you've got a good starting point...good luck and enjoy the journey!

Mike
sp7pena
Forum Newb
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by sp7pena »

Thanks for the welcome! Thanks for the advice Linda, me and my dad have plans to head down to Solvang this April for the show!
1967 datsun roadster 1600
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Welcome to 311s.org! If you need any help with your SR20DET converison, or have any questions regarding the swap, feel free to reach out... We have lots of build threads on this converison in the engine swap section. If you need any converison parts, check our website (link below), to see if this is the swap for you.

Michael
Spriso Motorsports
http://www.spriso.com
Instagram https://instagram.com/spriso/
SR20 Powered Roadsters
Engine swap kits Available! See my website!