Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

curt
Forum Newb
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by curt »

Hello everyone. I'm from Windsor, Ontario Canada and a previous owner of a few Z's. I haven't owned one for 2 yrs now and for the prices now, I'm changing my direction to the Roadster.
I'm looking at a solid 1969 SPL311, virtually no rust with approx. 70,000 original miles. A lot has been done to the car.

"New: • Master brake cylinder, & hoses • Master and slave clutch cylinder & hose, • Spark plugs, Wires, Cap & rotor, Points, Coil, Condensor, • Voltage regulator, • Rad hoses, Thermostat, • Wipers & pump, • Soft top, - to be installed • Door gaskets, Carpets, Brake rotors, etc. Rebuilt: • Calipers, • Front suspension, • Floor pans, • Interior trim, etc."

It has passed the road inspection (brakes, lights, exhaust, etc) therefore there's nothing I have to do. I'm new the Roadster so is there anything that I should pay close attention to? Compression is 150 on all 4 cyl.
Any idea what a decent price would be? It need body refreshing, paint, undercarriage cleaning up and detailing. It comes with a new top to be installed.
I also included a couple of pics of some of my previous Z'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: New member

Post by notoptoy »

Looks pretty solid. That color is really odd - is it a red that has faded or is it painted Salmon color? If Salmon color it is not an original if that is important to you. The dash is a pricey fix to have redone, but their are good looking covers out there. Number one thing to look out for on Roadsters is Rust - floorboards under the carpet, side rocker/sill plate particularly at the ends behind the front fender, rear fender arches, bottom of front fender etc., Looks like a great project, welcome to your Z's Father!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

I see the potential for a lot of rust, so you need to look at it closely. Most things can be fixed, but it depends on what you want to do and are comfortable doing, or paying others to. Looks like it had 70 side lights bet 68-69 front turn signals.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

Welcome Curt. The big thing with the roadsters is rust. You can get into hundreds of hours fixing it. It doesn't look bad from the pics but there is only one pic that allows judgement of the sheet metal condition.
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
Pjackb
Roadsteraholic

Post by Pjackb »

Welcome to the group Curt
That’s the West Island car and has been for sale for quite a bit of time , a lot of the Datsun Quebec Group guys have looked at it and they all passed Also it has been my experience that when a good car show up in Quebec it usually sells within a few weeks which should tell you a lot about this car.

Odly enough it parked in front of my daughter’s place of work this summer and she send me a couple of pictures, you can clearly see this thing has quite a bit of rust going on which would make me wary of what's under

If you’re interested in a Roadster there are 2 or 3 much better and nicer cars available in Canada right now ,pm me if you want details
2CAADD16-F34B-4ECF-823E-679E14788263.jpeg
80256B79-67F8-4CBE-8D97-846BBE388CA8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.