engine rebuild

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

wickedskills

engine rebuild

Post by wickedskills »

Hi, I'm looking into rebuilding my early 67's engine (engine only, for now), I'm in Tracy,CA and wanted to know if you have any suggestions as to a relieble mechanic. The car runs OK, but definitely needs to be redone.
I'm looking for a relieble engine, not so much power or speed. I bought it from the legendary Mike Young , but he's a little to far for me, but if you guys believe it still the best choice , then I will consider going back to him.
Any guesses on how much for the rebuild ? I know if left out some info needed to make a proper estimate, please ask.
Thanks all
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Last time I check it was $1400 from Material Handling Supply, Inc
(Nissan fork lift dealer) head and block. this was a year ago.

The shop is in Anaheim California

Vinh
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Ask around, find a reputable machine shop and have them do it. You could also do most of the assembly work yourself if you have mechanical skills. The engine is really simple, the manual is very good. If it needs rings, they are easy to get.

There has got to be a decent place in Sac that could do it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
crispy

Post by crispy »

You could try Mike Kerr in Placerville. Heck he may even have a motor already done that you could swap it with. His Number is
(530) 644-6777

I don't know if its too far for you but if you are looking for parts he has tons up there.

Good Luck

Cris