What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

ACote
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by ACote »

Bigtaku wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:41 pm
#009 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 am Indeed the fender mirrors are just for looks and pretty useless. Previous owner installed them there and I had to put the Japanese rising sun decal to hide the OEM mirror holes. It is somewhat a conversational piece though.
So on a scale from 1 to 10 and 10 being the mirrors usefulness at the antenna area, what would you give for a number with the mirrors forward. I had the mirrors on my doors with my previous roadster and the driver mirror worked fine but the passenger side was useless. Car is going for paint very soon and I need to make up my mind.
On my car it depends how tall you are. I have the seat pretty far back at 5'11" and the drivers side mirror works great, I can see it just at the edge of the windshield(with my right eye, left eye the A pillar blocks it). Passenger side I'm still adjusting but I'm used to not having one. Mostly it's just there for looks. Visibility is pretty good in these cars so it's up to you for looks/function.
Here's a few more images Just to help you decide (or make it harder to choose) not my pics:
jhayden
Site Supporter

Post by jhayden »

New exhaust: flex pipe, Flowmaster, nos Ansa Marmitte

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by theunz »

Good choice, especially if your not after that stock look. For years I ran nothing but an Ansa tip like yours. It was no louder than running an old school glass pack and did well on controlling over run popping. Their quality is top notch as well.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
C.Costine

Post by C.Costine »

Yesterday I reinstalled the gas tank after cleaning and repainting the tank and the straps, and I got the lower console along with most of the cables as well as the heater control valve installed. I also mounted my new front wheel cylinders on the calipers and painted them. Today I installed the dash and the padded surround, and got one of the caliper assemblies installed.

IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Nice progress, looking great!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Busy day today Got JT's exhaust put in finally. Got it down off the jacks and got to drive it - which is great cause I had not yet experienced the ride with JT's Bilstein Shocks - more on that later.
Out with the old.jpg
new from rear.jpg
New from front.jpg
Nothing but praise for the system, JT custom fit it to my existing flex pipe, and it was a relatively simple bolt up with all the isolators, hangers and clamps included. Only issue was that the first pipe through the frame needed a very straight shot to go in, and with the header installed, this was not possible, I removed the motor mount bolts and jacked the engine up enough to clear it - done! Pretty small diversion.
It sounds great and looks good too! Short audio clip here, hard to do by yourself!

After getting everything in place, I took it for the first drive since installing the Bilstein shocks. One word perfectly describes them - TRANSFORMATIVE. It's an entirely different car, in a good way. I got the "touring" version. Gone is the tooth rattling, spine compressing jolts that the much vaunted and long installed Koni's provided. I believe that this is the single best improvement you can make to the ride and worth every penny. Thank you JT!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
theunz

Post by theunz »

Looks AND sounds good Tom.
Mike M

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

After getting everything in place, I took it for the first drive since installing the Bilstein shocks. One word perfectly describes them - TRANSFORMATIVE. It's an entirely different car, in a good way. I got the "touring" version. Gone is the tooth rattling, spine compressing jolts that the much vaunted and long installed Koni's provided. I believe that this is the single best improvement you can make to the ride and worth every penny. Thank you JT!
[/quote]

Told ya... that's all I gotta say :D
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
peter
Roadsteraholic

Post by peter »

After a lot of sanding this winter, I brought my car to the painter, hopefully she will looks like new and can I make my restoration more perfect.
I polished my stainless steel bumpers as new and replaced after 2 years and 10000 miles my tyres for new michelins sportrac 3.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall,torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Datsun Roadster '66 #7000 Sora Blue, restored 220 Hp and 340 Nm
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Gregs672000 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am After getting everything in place, I took it for the first drive since installing the Bilstein shocks. One word perfectly describes them - TRANSFORMATIVE. It's an entirely different car, in a good way. I got the "touring" version. Gone is the tooth rattling, spine compressing jolts that the much vaunted and long installed Koni's provided. I believe that this is the single best improvement you can make to the ride and worth every penny. Thank you JT!
Told ya... that's all I gotta say :D
[/quote]

Thank you Gents! Glad you are happy!
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

got a sand blaster for my dented baby . need to go to metal on the hood and corner panel. poor rumble
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
theunz

Post by theunz »

Lorna, you might try a foundry supply distributor for your sand, as it should me much cheaper than the retailers. Also you should consider using a finer media than sand since it will leave a rough finish. Cut glass is fairly inexpensive and pretty effective as well. Glass beads leave a very nice finish, but costs much more. Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask!
Mike M

Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

Mask or respirator, good quality hood, painter's coveralls that zip up and seal..... Dust VERY bad for your lungs.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
C.Costine

Post by C.Costine »

I mounted my brake calipers with the new cylinders installed on them. I had to shim the calipers on both sides because the center of the calipers didn't line up closely enough with the discs.

[/attachment]
IMG_1339.JPG
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

theunz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:18 am Lorna, you might try a foundry supply distributor for your sand, as it should me much cheaper than the retailers. Also you should consider using a finer media than sand since it will leave a rough finish. Cut glass is fairly inexpensive and pretty effective as well. Glass beads leave a very nice finish, but costs much more. Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask!
actually I got walnut shells and glass for the blaster but its malfunctioning. clogging up in the hose and then the gun itself so idk what's up with it . a return label is on it's way so I'll be.getting another on soon . I wondered about the glass needing to be.sanded again b4 paint because of the shine ? and.i need a better mask thanks for saying
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .