Post by MccStyle »

So whats better, brass or steel...?

Thanks
spyder
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by spyder »

It depends on how you drive and how you like the gearshift feel. The brass box is smooth and is great for a leisurely Sunday cruise. If you thrash it expect it to last +/- a year. The steel box is much more expensive to rebuild and can be stiff to shift. I gravitated to the steel box 'cause I do thrash it and it and keeps on ticking!
MccStyle

Thanks

Post by MccStyle »

Steal it is then. I have nine days tell i leave for my next race at Buttonwillow.

Todd
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Todd,
Give Larry Butler a call. He is up in Morro Bay and did a great job on my Servo box (steel). Its sweet, and wasn't the least bit stiff after he went through it. He is on the Central Coast Z racer group, races a 510. I don't have his email unfortunetly.
Are you going to tow the race car over to Solvang at the end of the month?

Good luck,
Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
MccStyle

Solvang

Post by MccStyle »

I havent given Solvang any thought this year. I have been putting all my time and money into raceing. The last weekend of this month i will be going to buttonwillow to my first vara event. Did i see on you picture that you have bre paint job?

Todd
RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

Todd come out and race with us in HSR. There are several roadsters running in HSR and it would be fun to see you out there with us.

www.hsr-westracing.com

O and I will be bringing the racing roadster to Solvang...

For a race box you are going to want the steel synco box it will last longer.
67.5 2000, SRL 311 000305 Solex
A race car since new!
Instagram #RC240Z #geoskyalert

check out my blog at www.rcnetworksracing.com
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Yes, I now have a BRE paint job of sorts. I might give it a new one if the weather is decent. :wink: It will take about 3 hrs and $10 in paint. So much for the new paint job for Solvang.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
MccStyle

hsr

Post by MccStyle »

I've heard good things about hsr. I saved there web page and will check it out. It would be fun to race with some more roadsters. How dose hsr compare to vara? I dont have any opinon.

Todd