Dash/ Interior kits

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

gmagana wrote:I do not recommend in any way buying one from any business or hobbyist that does not have a business license as there is no recourse for warranty work or refund on the item.
Incredible. I cannot believe how petty. Most know exactly who this pointed remark is about. Some people need a hobby.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Alvin, isn't that painted metal? I ain't knockin it, it looks great, but I think "it's faux and it's spectacular" :lol:
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
gmagana

Post by gmagana »

Sid, I was not pointing to you or anyone on an individual basis, There were no names mentioned. But as a vendor or business owner like yourself you have to understand that we have a responsibility to our customers. We answer to the Better Business Bureau, IRS and Franchise taxboard as well as our local city governments, and have to comply with all manufacturing laws and municipal codes. I have dealt with many complaints from customers this last year, these individuals purchased items from non licensed vendors. These individuals now have no recourse except to have learned that it is better to deal with a legitimate business as they offer warranty work or replacements. Those of us that have established ourselves as businesses make an effort to support the customers in this way. You sure wouldn't buy your next big screen TV from a guy with a Van at the supermarket parking lot?? Your roadster purchases should be no different in this respect. After all most of us are putting a considerable amount of money into these cars and being able to have a receipt to validate the value when you go to insure the car or appraise the car helps you to protect your investment.

This email in no way reflects on true hobbyists like yourself. I appreciate you making items available, the dash plates were not available because if I remember correctly a hobbyist/vendor would not sell you one, and you did a great job reproducing them, which caused that person to get angry at you. The 1500 knobs you have are also an excellent item. We do need more hobbyists like you, people that have that small amount of quality items that help finish a car. In addition you have a great love for the roadsters like myself and the rest of us.

You have to understand that when you cross that line and have hundreds of items for sale that you become a vendor, and no longer a hobbyist and hence be responsible to your customers. The bottom line is that you should choose to do business with vendors based on how comfortable you feel buying from them. When I buy new products I always look for a business that has good customer service, good prices and one that will take care of me if something needs to be fixed, sometimes I pay a little more, but the peace of mind is well worth it.
Thanks, Gerardo
P.S. This is all I have to say on this subject, so any other comments should be about the interior kits and their qualities, somehow this subject got off tangent here and I apologize. Any replies on this please send via pm to myself.
Last edited by gmagana on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

gmagana wrote:I have dealt with many complaints from customers this last year, these individuals purchased items from non licensed vendors.
Thank you for your gallant and selfless acts in protecting us from the people we've been doing good buisness with for years. I will remember your actions when deciding a source for my next purchase.

See, I know how to make a pointy stick too.
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Gerardo,

No offense taken. I think that if you distill down my diatribe, you will get to two points:

1) The bottom line on the parts is to shop for what best suits your needs and makes you happy.

2) Go by the track record of the vendor on that point.

Now, back to the question at hand. Arnold asked: Has anyone used the Dash pads from Dean at Fairlady.

The answer is yes, and there are options that you can choose from to fit what your goals are. Original style, more durable, or budget priced. Whichever you get Arnold, post a picture!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Dash & Interior

Post by S Allen »

Okay, this is a good example of a post that has gotten out of control. Good question but we do not need this kind of interaction. It brings the whole forum to a level I do not care for. So, once again I am forced to lock a thread. We all have our differences and opinions but some are left better to yourself.

Admin-Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth