Found a little history.

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jhdj250

Found a little history.

Post by jhdj250 »

Well, I was digging through my car now that I have it home and here is what I found.

My uncle bought the car in 1972 in Charleston, South Carolina. He paid $1100. :shock:

The car was brought south from New York. He put a new set of tires on for $87 in 1973.

I have spent more than that since I started working on the car! :twisted:

On a positive note it is now newly tagged!!!!!!! Got them today. I will be getting insurance soon and then it's time to start driving down the road and see if I can get it to Mitty :P
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

That is awsome! Have you asked your uncle for more history? I got my car from a uncle too but he didnt tell me much history about it, I found out most stuff from recipts from it and parts purchased from San Diego Datsun. Its neat stuff!
jhdj250

Post by jhdj250 »

He has told me a lot about it. Stories of his driving it throughout South Carolina mostly. He spent a lot of time in Charleston with it driving around the beaches.

Right before it he parked it he actually had the engine rebuilt. He had both the Datsun and a Jaguar. He stopped spending on the Datsun because the Jag was the daily driver. Always spent too much money on the Jag.

Guess that says a lot about "brilliant" English engineering. They Datsun was always close to being done but he just never got around to it.