Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Fellow Looking For Long Lost Roadster

Post by S Allen »

Help this guy find his old roadster. Story follows:

"I bought the car in Gresham, Oregon in the 1980's from a young man who had a pinstriper draw tiny nude characters of people doing the "nasty" in several positions. He told me that these little images would convince dates that they should perform the pictured acts painted on the car. I told him that I doubted that it would work and would most likely offend most women. He assured me that it was "foolproof."

The car, a silver 1970 1600cc SPL311 with a rollbar, was in showroom condition and I bought it for $3,500.

I myself was offended by the little perverts painted on the car and told myself that I would buff them out of the paint when I finally found the time to do it. Not long afterwards, I asked out one of the beautiful young women of the church I attended on a date. She was used to seeing me drive a restored 66 Mustang and readily accepted.
When I showed up in the Datsun Roadster, she was aghast. She asked me, "Where did you buy that car ?" I said, "I answered a classified ad in the Sunday paper and bought it from some tall, lanky fellow." "Why do you ask?" She then explained that it previously belonged to her ex-fiance, who kept pressuring her to commit all the acts pictured on the car. When she refused, he became sullen and childlike and that pretty much ended their relationship. I explained to her that I wasn't anything like that and she could trust me as much in the Datsun as she could in the Mustang.

The car saw many a moonlit night overlooking the crashing waves of the beach with a multitude of lovely young women, none of whom had to be coerced by some crass cartoon figures. The car saw many a winding, twisty road and ongoing schedule of sunsets, picnics, classic auto concours, fine restaurants, winetastings and two marriage proposals.

I made the biggest mistake of my life by trading it to a young fellow who lived along the I-5 freeway past Salem, Oregon for an Orange Jeep. A worthless orange jeep which still burns in my memory.

I would love to be re-united with my old Datsun roadster. It had the factory racing finned aluminum competition oil pan and red Koni shocks which distinguish it from others.

If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please contact me. "

Bruce Strong
honoredson@yahoo.com
wisdom-sees@earthlink.net
(505) 890-1035

10400 Universe Blvd. N.W. Apt. 132
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87114
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser