1966 1600 modified for autox

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Re: 1966 1600 modified for autox

Post by fj20spl311 »

I would hold back at least 2K for unforeseen repairs.
That car has been setting and For Sale for at least 2 years.
The wiring looks a little edgy.
Hold fast, there have not been a lot of buyer jumping on it.
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

The rough sloppy idle could simply be due to the Webers themselves. I would pull those and quickly sell them to some unsuspecting person who believes they are the best carbs in the world. I'd replace them with a set of 40 Mikunis or Delorto DHLAs. Greg knows the DHLAs. That intake is rare as hens teeth. I've only seen one other in person. There are people who would spend a moderate fortune for one.

Interesting car, and cool find. I hope it works out.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
cole455
Roadsteraholic

Post by cole455 »

[quote="SLOroadster"]The rough sloppy idle could simply be due to the Webers themselves. I would pull those and quickly sell them to some unsuspecting person who believes they are the best carbs in the world. I'd replace them with a set of 40 Mikunis or Delorto DHLAs. Greg knows the DHLAs. That intake is rare as hens teeth. I've only seen one other in person. There are people who would spend a moderate fortune for one.

Will[/quote]

Yeah, I've only seen maybe 3 of those intakes in person. This actually looks like it was a pretty good buy for someone
Pjackb
Roadsteraholic

Post by Pjackb »

You guys realize this thread is over a year old right?
cole455 wrote:
SLOroadster wrote:The rough sloppy idle could simply be due to the Webers themselves. I would pull those and quickly sell them to some unsuspecting person who believes they are the best carbs in the world. I'd replace them with a set of 40 Mikunis or Delorto DHLAs. Greg knows the DHLAs. That intake is rare as hens teeth. I've only seen one other in person. There are people who would spend a moderate fortune for one.

Will
Yeah, I've only seen maybe 3 of those intakes in person. This actually looks like it was a pretty good buy for someone
cole455
Roadsteraholic

Post by cole455 »

[quote="Pjackb"]You guys realize this thread is over a year old right?

[quote="cole455"][quote="SLOroadster"]The rough sloppy idle could simply be due to the Webers themselves. I would pull those and quickly sell them to some unsuspecting person who believes they are the best carbs in the world. I'd replace them with a set of 40 Mikunis or Delorto DHLAs. Greg knows the DHLAs. That intake is rare as hens teeth. I've only seen one other in person. There are people who would spend a moderate fortune for one.

Will[/quote]

Yeah, I've only seen maybe 3 of those intakes in person. This actually looks like it was a pretty good buy for someone[/quote][/quote]

I certainly do. But I remember this advertisement well.

Also, not often that a factory 1600 solex mani comes up for sale. Since Will bumped it, I was really curious who ended up with it!