hello from a new member

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TAP63

hello from a new member

Post by TAP63 »

Hello all,
I have been lurking around here for quite a while and have what I think is a unique roadster story. My older brother got a 67.5 spl-311 from one of my Dad's friends. He drove it into the ground. When I was 14 I started a restoration. I finished it just after my 16th birthday, more than two decades ago, and drove it as my only car for about ten years. I went to sell it and the original owner, my Dad's friend, bought it for his daughter. Fast forward almost twenty years and Dad's friend calls me up. He sold me back the roadster. There have only been three names on the Title. Original owner, my Dad, original owner, and me.

How many people get the first car they owned back! I have also owned two 68 spl-311's and 70 spl-311 back in the seventies. Wish I still had all those parts!

By the way, my first car is mostly stock and still runs out great! Needs brakes though...
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

That is an interesting story.
Welcome to the Monkey House.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Tom,
Welcome to the club and you will learn so much here… this website is a great resource to all Datsun roadster enthusiast

Vinh
sgriffin
Roadster Fanatic

Post by sgriffin »

Tom:
Welcome!! Where in TN are you located> Sam
Sam E. Griffin
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re:New Here

Post by S Allen »

Cool story and welcome.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Welcome!! if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask.... even if you think they are stupid. Also, check out the 311s.org homepage, AWESOME info!!
TAP63

Post by TAP63 »

Sam,
I'm in southern middle Tennessee in the huge metropolis of Hohenwald. It's about 75 miles southwest of Nashville.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have always had a soft spot for Datsuns and roadsters. My wife thinks the soft spot is on my head! :lol:
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

That seems to be a common thought among Wives.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
futuredeadguy

Re: hello from a new member

Post by futuredeadguy »

[quote="TAP63"]How many people get the first car they owned back! quote]

Very cool story. And even cooler because your first car is actually one you would want back.

Mine was a '73 LTD Coupe with the driver's door bashed in so far it was a true miracle that it would actually open and close. Frame was broken. It wore out a left rear tire about every 6 weeks. I was on a first-name basis with the local recap guy.

Seinfeld on car names: "LTD, what is that? What does it mean? Limited. Limited to what? Limited to the number we can sell!"

I truly hope I never see that car again, but boy was it fast!

Hohenwald is a prime location for some of the best Roadster drivng in the US. Our Z Club does frequent cruises down the Natchez Trace. Hohenwald is our usual turn-around point. The Trace is an awesome drive!

Jim

[Go Seahawks!]