Z-Bash Anaheim Stadium May 14, 2016

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

Re: Z-Bash Anaheim Stadium May 14, 2016

Post by Joseph@TheZStore »

Alvin wrote:so I thought is this the "MSA" show?
Hasn't it been dead for awhile now? Then I clicked on the link.
They used a picture from 2004!
Yep. That Black Roadster is one of my favorites from 20 years of images! Greg and the rest of us have always loved Roadsters, we just always haven't been confident we would have enough space, so we haven't been able to actually invite Roadsters for almost 10 years. Some showed up here and there anyway in recent years, like this image from Z-Bash 2013, but not as cool as the Black one IMHO :)

My personal all-time favorite Roadster also came back in the early 2000's. This is what I'd like to do as a project someday:

Joseph
Motorsport Auto / The Z Store / Z-Bash

We love Roadsters Too!
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

Solex68 wrote:
bakerjf wrote:This show is strongly encouraging Roadsters to participate now that they have expanded and moved the show to Anaheim Stadium.
In years past, it has fallen on the same weekend as Solvang - not anymore!
Best of all it's free - the organizers are just looking for a RSVP so they can adequately prepare.
Hope to see you there!
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/WCN
I signed up. It's local and should be fun. Plenty of food within walking distance too.
Sorry about the Dyno confusion Greg, that would be my mess up. I hope to record your Roadster on the Dyno Saturday.

Hopefully all the farther you'll need to walk is to the "Gourmet" Food Truck of your choice! We are confirming a few good ones. I don't have it nailed down yet, but I think Dogzilla will be there... :D
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

RCMike wrote:I wonder if anyone will come this year. Last year there were a TON of cars ticketed and towed, because someone 'forgot' to get a permit for the show.. Lots of bad feelings last year..

Maybe that's why they moved to the stadium?
It is a big part of why. There were no permits to forget. Here is a what we put on another forum in answer about 2015:

Our continued apologies. We are still not sure why they decided to do that with no warning. It wasn't a fun situation for sure. We weren't able to get authorization for the street closure in 2015, but never expected the authorities to do what they did, since many of those parking spaces in front of our shop are used on a daily basis. Neither did they have a problem with it for any of the 3 other years we've had the smaller event, when we didn't get the authorization to close the street. This is part of why Greg went searching for a new place, and has invested in such a big venue as Anaheim Stadium for the 21st Annual Show, the New Z-Bash, where parking spaces won't be an issue.

And since Greg did invest in putting the show at Angel Stadium, we know ahead of time we'll have plenty of room for Roadsters, and will enjoy having them grace the show again.
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

Thanks for weighing in Joseph - look forward to meeting you at the event!
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

AZ 2 NV wrote:Greg.
I am sorry that I didn't originally see the restriction of just Z's for the Dyno. I just got off the phone with James @ Motorsport Auto. After a conversation with Greg Smith of Motorsport Auto they WILL accept reservations from ALL vehicles invited to the car show. This will include Roadsters, 510's, Skylines and GTR's. You can now reserve your space for the Dyno by giving MSA a call at (800) 633-6331.

Gregg Rogers
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for covering my mess up Gregg! Assuming you're coming again this year, make sure to say hello if you see me hobbling along with all my cameras...
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

Linda wrote:The link also stated that there will be a special "4 Sale" area at the show to include any entered car which is for sale. So might be a good place to buy or sell.
Very impressive that this is a free event from the promoters.

Linda
Roadsters are 100% welcome in the "For Sale" area. Just let us know if you're coming so we can leave space, and we'll add the car/mileage/etc. up on the website for people to see ahead of time. You can "register" (free) by replying or messaging here, or emailing to zbash@motorsportauto.com.
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!
Nolan1600
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Nolan1600 »

I may be going to this. Anyone else going?

-Chris
AZ 2 NV
Roadster Newby

Post by AZ 2 NV »

Going ........ with the '71 240Z ........... leaving the Roadster in Phoenix....this time !! Hope to take the '66 next year .........
Shift_happens

'66 1600 #04358
'71 240 Z
'93 300ZX Convertible
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

Planning to with the lady in red
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

Joseph@TheZStore wrote:And since Greg did invest in putting the show at Angel Stadium, we know ahead of time we'll have plenty of room for Roadsters, and will enjoy having them grace the show again.
Interesting.

I am currently signed up for the track day at Streets as part of the Nissan Challenge series for Sunday.. Maybe I could be talked into running down to this too.. Might be fun to drop it on the dyno again..lol
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

Three days to go. The link directs cars to be there by 9:00, entering from E. Orangewood Ave.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
James@TheZStore
Forum Newb

Post by James@TheZStore »

Special thank you goes to Gregg for organizing this. We look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday and hope you enjoy the show!
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

bakerjf wrote:Three days to go. The link directs cars to be there by 9:00, entering from E. Orangewood Ave.
If you want to have a map on your mobile device, just go to thezstore.com/map.jpg

You can find all details & final updates on our Z-Bash Page.

Have a safe trip, take lots of pictures & videos, and have a blast.
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

I have been asked to take aerial pictures of the Group Z Carbon Canyon run. So I will probably be coming down to this event as part of that..
Joseph@TheZStore
Roadster Newby

Lol. I guess "Forum Newb" fits me fine, didn't intend that to be a response to you, but to post the map for all to see if they needed it. In keeping with perfect Newbie actions, I'll post it again after this post...

Aerial pictures of the Run? How cool is that. Do share later!
Joseph

We love Roadsters Too!