Brake and rear suspension mods

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

J Markusic

Brake and rear suspension mods

Post by J Markusic »

I have been working away on my 2000 and thought some of what I have done may be of interest to others. The car came with 240Z front calipers which add brake area and I have installed 240ZX rear calipers with special brackets. The rear suspension now has four links and a rotating rear axile to avoid binding. If there is any interest, let me know and I can provide some pictures and info. Also, has anybody else used a Megaspquirt on a 2000? I'm still trying to figure out the best injectors, but have modified an old set of carbs as throttle bodies. Thanks.
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

I'd love to see some shots of the front brakes, rear brakes, and the suspension! :D
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
TR

Post by TR »

Ya, mods like this are always interesting!

I'm sure Steve would be glad to post the pics and details...TR
Daryl Smith
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Daryl Smith »

J,

I will soon install the Megasquirt'n'Edis on a Stroker. Built a plenum type manifold with a Ford Topaz throttle body. Using '98 Zetec 2L injectors @ 17lbs/hr.
You should be good with 19-24 lb/hr injectors (better a little large than too small, but don't go too big).

I am just installing the new R series stroker motor/240SX tranny, and will break it in on carbs (running the Edis ignition -writeup coming soon) then switch over to Megasquirt. Hopefully late Sept. early October I will be into EFI tuning.

Good to hear someone else is giving it a shot!

By the way, do you mean 280ZX rear brakes?

I have a freind up north who would love to see the pictures of your suspension mods. He's been planning a four link for a while but was looking for some pictures to fine tune his plans.

Cheers
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Brake and Rear Suspension Mods

Post by S Allen »

Yes, please send me a write-up and some pictures so we can share with others what you have done. I too would like to see the mods.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
J Markusic

Answer to some questions

Post by J Markusic »

First, to correct alittle brain fade - the rear calipers are 240SX. Actual really the same as 200 models but newer. I was going that route (see the brake conversion already on thisa site, but couldn't find a donor car.) I will get info together with pics and get them out there. Thanks for your replies and interest. The front brakes were done before I got the car - I will provide info on who did it with the pics. The brackets may be available.
Joe markusic

Promised Information

Post by Joe markusic »

I finally ended up with a new computer and internet provider :roll: so now maybe I can get the information and pictures I promised to this site.
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

I've got an entire 4age Toyota fuel injection setup in a bucket. I was going to try and use the parts for a megasquirt or maybe use the whole Toyota computer and everything. I was going to figure out how to use the Toyota distrubutor by grafting it to a roadster distributor. I found several neat things for other options. I found some screw-in injector bungs that would fit the smog ports on the SU or Solex manifolds. I also found some fairly cheap individual throttle bodies. I can post links if anybody is interested. I also have the Toyota system with variable intake runners for sale.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!