Weight management

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Russell Roach

Post by Russell Roach »

Alvin,

Some people do but I believe with the roadster if you use more than that it starts affecting the caster and straight line speed, has to do with the angle of the a arms.

Alvin you can do me a big favor I am looking at coming out west this summer for a race. I don't know of anyone other than HSR thats does stuff on the left coast keep your eyes peeled for an event. Looking for something more along the lines of an vintage race weekend.

If it works out right maybe we could share some seat time.

Russell
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

neg. camber is like if the wheels were like this... /-\ .... and positive is if the wheels were like this... \-/ right?? (lookin "eye level" in front or rear, not above)
Russell Roach

Post by Russell Roach »

Evan,

Thats correct. Not a thing that you use at the strip.

Russell
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

oh yeah?? lol, our camaro was a little like this \-/ with no motor, small black made it sit like this |-|, when we put the 540 in it sat like this /-\, so, we had to shim it to make it sit like this |-| again..... and toe in/out sucks!

I was into RC for a while though(untill i realized it was eating my "to buy a car fund") so I remember a little about camber, caster, toe in/out.... blah
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

Tetanus weighed in at 1839. It was all steel with everything unbolted that could be unbolted. I cut off the windshield and it had a 3 gallon plastic fuel cell. It was U20 powered. There was a funky double hoop roll bar that I scabbed together to meet EP rules.

Bucephalus is at 1725 with KA24DE, Japco front fenders, rear fenders, and hood. I removed the front inner fenders and box sections. Most of the rear exterior sheet metal from the valley next to the trunk lid had to be removed to fit the Japco flares. The doors have been gutted and are just an outer skin now. I still have the steel trunk lid since I have to open it to get to the fuel cell. It would be too much hassle to save 3 pounds by switching to a fiberglass trunk lid but having to undo pins every time.

I soon will have done the rear half tube frame, removed the package shelf, rear bulkhead, trunk floor, and trunk sides. I will also remove some of the frame in front of the a-arms. The new 15x14 wheels and 22.5x12.5x15 tires will probably be a little heavier than the current setup. I'm hoping for a 1500 pound minimum. That last 225 pounds is the tough part.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED