Fairladyparts.com

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Re: Fairladyparts.com

Post by spl310 »

Has anyone talked to Gerardo to get his perspective? Just asking...
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

spl310 wrote:Has anyone talked to Gerardo to get his perspective? Just asking...
My talk with him was that they moved to a new building and the person mailing the items stopped and didn't let him know. He wasn't happy about people not getting their stuff.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

Well my story ended well. I got my springs and I put them in last weekend while my car's been up on jack stands. I also picked up the KYB's on Ebay a while back. Looking forward to some nice tight suspension again. Can you believe my car had the OEM shocks still? When you compressed them, the shaft would just stick and not come back out!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

jamesw wrote:Can you believe my car had the OEM shocks still? When you compressed them, the shaft would just stick and not come back out!!!
That's normal for OEM, non-gas shocks, .

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Upsetk9
Roadster Nut

Post by Upsetk9 »

I have had some dealings with Fairladyparts. They are local to me and I actually had my roadster in their shop doing a drum to disc brake conversion on my 65 1500. Even when sitting in their shop I would be ignored, parts that were supposedly in stock were not available when I got there, and in the long run I was advised to buy and install wrong parts.
I was advised to buy some very nice looking panasport wheels and kumho tires. They don't fit the fender wells and I strike the tires with the fenders when going over bumps. Their suggestion was to shave 1/4" off the inside of the wheel. Maybe that would have worked if they didn't stick out 3". When this was shown to be a problem he installed some goofy looking wheels and tires that didn't fit inside the wells either. When told I would rather have the ones that sort of work than the ones that don't fit at all, he charged me for mounting and balancing 3 sets of tires as well as the machine work to shave the inside of the wheels (that didn't work to solve the problem he created)
Just be careful when dealing with these guys. They are very nice, and very apologetic, but it is difficult to get what you want in a timely manner, if at all.
mibh
Site Supporter

Post by mibh »

i've bought from gerardo (and from dean) and had no problem with pricing or shipping. (FWIW.)