Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Tim
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

adjustment of the inside door rod from handle to door latch

Post by Tim »

I have a 1968 311 - Is there a way to adjust the rod that runs along the interior of the door from the door opening handle to the inside of the door latch. Both of my door handles appear to have free play in them.flop open. With closer inspection, there appears to be @1/8 inch of free play between the hook on the door handle and the eye on the inside door latch rod. Can this be adjusted out. If so how do you do it? It appears that if this free play would be removed, then both door handles would then be snug against the metal cup behind the door opening handle can smobody help here. Thank you Tim
glennhuff
Roadster Fanatic

Post by glennhuff »

The easiest way I can think of is to just bend the rod slightly. This would shorten the overall length. Just make sure that the rod won't interfere with anything else after it is bent.
Tim
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Door rod adjustment

Post by Tim »

Thanks Glenn, I was hoping there was something I was missing. I got the car back from the paint shop and the one door that was fine going in came out with the free play. I was wondering if the rod screws into the latch and could be adjusted by just screwing it in more or some other simple explanation such as moving the door opening handle.