MORE TRANNY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Jorge022770

Post by Jorge022770 »

Datsundude:

I'm glad that I could help you out...and if I can be of any more help, don't hesitate to ask. Where in LA are you?

Jorge
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Hi Jorge,
You have been very helpfully already by providing me with these pictures.

I am actually in the San Gabriel area 91776, not too far from you. We can do a get together sometime in the future when my car is done.

Thanks
Vinh
Jorge022770

Post by Jorge022770 »

Vinh:

You are indeed close to me. We should certainly plan something sometime.

Jorge
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Hey guys.

Just an update on the tranny issue here.
I can’t be happier then this, I fixed the problem… I disengaged the reverse gear without having to pull the motor and tranny out of the car.

Thanks to Bill Cole advice, Jorge pictures and everyone suggestions, I successfully disengaged the reverse gear.
Here how I did it, I removed the bottom cover thinking it will not fix the problem unless the tranny is removed from the car and access through the tail housing.
I was so wrong and luckily I did not proceed to remove the motor and tranny. Anyway as I was troubleshooting this issue,
I remove the bottom cover off and play with the gears moving it around hoping it disengage but no luck there, just frustration and was about give up. then an idea came to mind… The idea was to use my spare tranny to replicate the issue I’m having with this tranny. so I grab the spare tranny and remove the bottom cover, as I duplicating it, I notice one of rod shifted forward then I knew this is the rod I need to shift so I went back under my car and knew what I had to do, and once I disengage that rod everything seem unlocked, now I can shift to 3,4 or reverse without any problem…problem resolved

My old lady should be back on the road very soon after I did all this apply grease, torque all the connecting rod, bleed brake and final touch up.

Thanks all again for the helps.

Vinh
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Vinh, way to go, that is great news :D , I'm glad to hear it worked out for you without having to do another R/R. That bottom cover coming off is one of the good things about the 4 speed... Bill