Dellorto Set up

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Blue Moon

Dellorto Set up

Post by Blue Moon »

Is anyone out there using a Dellorto set up on there roadster? I did a search and it looks like everyone knows it can be done, but is anyone actually running this setup? I Have the Canon intake, Carbs are on their way and CB Performance is sending the air horns air cleaners. That leaves linkage to work out. I don't see it as a problem with everything else I've worked out on this stroker but, it would be nice to talk to someone that's already traveled this road
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Is the linkage setup like that of the Mikuni U20 setup, or is it an independantl setup? If its like the dual independant such as the SUs, it shouldn't be that hard. I can't say that I have ever seen Dellortos on a roadster. They should work. Are you running 40s or 44/45s?

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Blue Moon

Post by Blue Moon »

Will,

They are 40's The guy I bought them is rejetting them for my stroker and I am now just waiting for the big brown truck. Everything I have read/seen/heard says they are the same as webers, but we'll see when they get here. I don't think this will be any more of a challenge than any other part of this project but it sure has been nice talking to people who have already done some of this.
Blue Moon

Post by Blue Moon »

Well,
Not only are they here but they are mouted and running. Wow, I'll never go back to SU's I had to fab up linkage and a cable stand but that was no problem. These are just too sweet!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Dellorto Setup

Post by S Allen »

Got any pictures? I would like to see them in action and what you did for linkage.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Blue Moon

Post by Blue Moon »

Steve,
Great I can put all this togeather from parts but can't figure out how to load a couple of pictres.....
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Pics

Post by S Allen »

Send the pics to me and I will post them for you.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth