Stroking question..

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

67 1/2 1600

Stroking question..

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Ive been debating for a long time about stroking a motor. I have a few questions. When you use a U20 crank, do you have to cut down the top piece of the crank? And would you need any mods for a h20 crank? I read Steves write up where he used a H20 crank but I cant find one at my local forklift shops. Also if I were to use a 1500 crank would it be possible to not have to use a 5 main engine? Im guessing the 1500s were 3 main so I could use a 3 main 1600 block to stroke it... right?

Thanks
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

I had located a H20 old rusty and was sitting for a while, but they refused to sell it to me. Im gonna still keep trying to find one though.
Blue Moon

Post by Blue Moon »

Joaquin

try these guys, they helped me alot. ,http://www.usedliftparts.com/Main.htm

These guys KNOW the H20 and are used to strange requests. I bought my Crank and rods from them. These guys are all professional, it may say salvage yard but they know their product and everything gets checked before it hits the mail. The cool thing for me is they are just down the street, and the speed shop that boored and balanced my stroker is also the shop they send send their parts to for cleaning and checking before sending them out. The machine shop just refers to me as hot rod forklift right now. Keep in mind that the H20 comes in many different configurations and if you have the part number you want things are much easier. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
I picked up a bare 1600 block and built it from there. Boored 0.020 over, balanced it, upgraded to a U20 oil pump, U20 radiator, 240z goose neck, single wire alternator, and installed a Dizzy and as soon as my Dellortos get here the engine will be done. Denis
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

Won't that make you go blind?..Hey, where's the monitor, why's it dark in here?????

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit