Hello forum members and I have a mount question.

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

diverlloyd
Roadster Newby

Hello forum members and I have a mount question.

Post by diverlloyd »

Hello forum members my name is Andy and have a 69 roadster. I purchased her after looking in my area for years and just happen to see it pulling around a muffler shop. Upon receiving her found out she has a 302 v8 swap. It is a real hack job so I did a good burnout until the tranny gave up then pulled the body and drivetrain. I have some Sr20dets laying around so I will be swapping in one of those. I have been doing research and was wanting to keep as many stock components as I can. All of my motors have nismo mounts and I would like to use them for this project, are there any problems with using these?
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: Hello forum members and I have a mount question.

Post by notoptoy »

Welcome! We would love to see more pictures of your project - before and after you work on it. I would love to see how they crammed that V-8 in there, which motor? There are plenty of SR20 experts here that should be able to answer your mount question.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Driverlloyd wrote:
All of my motors have nismo mounts and I would like to use them for this project, are there any problems with using these?
While we like to use the liquid-filled mounts on our SR20 conversions into 510s, we find that they don't work well on a roadster-- the frame pinches up and tighter where the engine mounts sit and we have found that the Datsun 510 rubber mounts work well for the application-- more for packaging than anything.

I am sure if you really wanted a stiff mount, you could look at a Jeep urathane mount as they are pretty small, or the crude "hockey puck" style.

If you decide you want to go a proven route, we can help! http://spriso.com/content/products/engine-mount-kits/

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Michael
Spriso Motorsports
http://www.spriso.com
Instagram https://instagram.com/spriso/
SR20 Powered Roadsters
Engine swap kits Available! See my website!
diverlloyd
Roadster Newby

Post by diverlloyd »

Thanks Michael I have read your threads and comments over the last three years and appreciate your in put along with everyone else's. Oddly enough I'm a huge datsun fan and have a 510 just hanging out in the back yard so I can pull the mounts off and fab some copies up.
When in doubt whip the hammer out.