Another 67.5 swap s14 sr20det

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Ed Mason
Site Supporter

Re: Another 67.5 swap s14 sr20det

Post by Ed Mason »

Thanks Kyle and Steve,

Kyle, looks like you're going to jump on this swap wagon, too. Doing this swap has been the most
gratifying, but also the most challenging project I have attempted, and I have done a few projects
in my lifetime. I am very fortunate in that members on this forum share information and support
those who attempt a swap or a stock restoration or anything in between. At the present time there
are a few ongoing swaps in progress that in my opinion are very cool and using present technology
to its fullest, and are very exciting to follow. I love original cars, but I also love the marriage
of old and new. Mrsteve- are you also contemplating or currently working on a swap?
Ed Mason
1967 SRL311-00515
1967.5 1600 sr20det s14 swap
Skyman
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Skyman »

Ed Mason wrote:Thanks Kyle and Steve,

Kyle, looks like you're going to jump on this swap wagon, too. Doing this swap has been the most
gratifying, but also the most challenging project I have attempted, and I have done a few projects
in my lifetime. I am very fortunate in that members on this forum share information and support
those who attempt a swap or a stock restoration or anything in between. At the present time there
are a few ongoing swaps in progress that in my opinion are very cool and using present technology
to its fullest, and are very exciting to follow. I love original cars, but I also love the marriage
of old and new. Mrsteve- are you also contemplating or currently working on a swap?
Thanks, Ed. I'm a little apprehensive about it, but really want to do it. Now that I have a "real" 67.5 2000, I can go hog wild on the current car, and bring car #60 to it's stock condition, and have a second car as almost a daily driver. I'm refreshing a U20 with a 5 speed to sell and purchase a SR20DET.
67.5 SRL311-00060
67.5 SPL311-14241
2004 Porsche 911 Turbo
2003 Ford Powerstroke; Piped & Chipped
mrsteve
Roadster Nut

Post by mrsteve »

Ed Mason wrote:Thanks Kyle and Steve,

Yes, Ed I've been tossing up the idea of a swap some time in the future? But first I have to go and pick her up on the
15th of this month? Been crazy busy with the renovations on the house, etc. But if the wifey is happy, I'm happy. And
it also help wifey loosen her grip a bit on the bank card! LMBO! :lol:

steve (mrsteve)