Help With Side Trim Install Which Way?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

sworxx

Help With Side Trim Install Which Way?

Post by sworxx »

Can anyone send me a photo of their car's side trim? It appears that the non-pointed ends are angled where they meet each other and it seems like they can be either angled down or up. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to put them on the correct way. I would need to see at least the door and where it meets up with the front and rear fender. If there is a link somewhere or a detailed description, please help me by providing it.

Thanks. sworxx@yahoo.com
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

What year car? It is easiest to do the fronts or rears in any case. Once you hold them up to the car, the angles will be apparent as they should parallel the door jamb gaps. If your car is a 65 - 67, the door trims will look like one end has been flattened a bit. That goes forward to help protect it a little.

You could always go to Watkins Glen the weekend after Labor day and see some in person...
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
sworxx

Post by sworxx »

Sorry it is a 68. That is assuming that the trim is the right year. You know, I may have bought it from you a few years ago! As for Watkins Glen, I would go, but I am going to be there the following weekend, can't justify going two weekends in a row.