2013 Runoffs

For the racers out there!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

gpdatsun
Roadster Fanatic

2013 Runoffs

Post by gpdatsun »

I am sorry to say that in the 2013 50th anniversary Runoffs my roadster will not be on the grid. I have failed to qualify with only 3 finishes for 7 starts on the season. I've lost two engines in two successive events from broken cams. I had only broken one other cam in all the years before this and now two in a row! Unbelievable, but that's the way this season has gone. So for the first time since 2001 when I started racing Col. Joe Hauser's car seriously in SCCA nationals, I have not made the grid requirements for Runoffs.

Sucks....oh well

You may have heard that this is the last runoffs at Road America. For the next 3 years the event will travel around the country, Laguna Seca, then Daytona, then Mid Ohio.

For me, I think it's time to take the old girl vintage racing. Maybe "out to pasture", so to speak.

See you at the track!
Bill Wessel
68 1600
FP/GP 1600
garage-full of roadster stuff
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: 2013 Runoffs

Post by notoptoy »

Bill:
Sorry to hear the bad news, you are a testament to dedication and I always enjoy reading your reports.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Steve49841
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Steve49841 »

Hey Bill, sorry to hear about your misfortunes this season, it's amazing how hard racing can be sometimes. A couple of years ago I figured out that (for me) vintage racing would be an excellent way to scratch the itch and keep the aggravation to a minimum. Right now I'm in the process is signing up for the Fall Vintage at Road America, Sept 5-8, with VSCDA. Put a motor together and get signed up....we can start a Roadster Corral. And maybe we can finally do that brake shoe deal we talked about how many months ago.
Mike Unger
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Mike Unger »

Sorry to hear this Bill.
Mike Unger