SR20 Engine Mounts

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Wrenchands

S13 SR20DE 1998 Front Clip

Post by Wrenchands »

I have a 1998 S13 SR20DE front clip complete with everything you need for a swap. You can sit behind the wheel, turn the key and listen to it turn over. I would let it go for $1200 if you can find a way for it to make the trip from Minnesota.

PM me if interested
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Cherry Blossom

Post by Cherry Blossom »

considering what hes asking for his sr20de, waiting for an s15 swap sounds kinda good considering it wont be much more. mmm...6speed. :wink:

wrenchhands: thanks for the offer but im gonna stick to something closer. also, if its a '98 i think it may be from an s14. which would mean its worth more so i would sell it for more. :)
TR

Post by TR »

An S15 setup has some advantages and disadvantages depending on what you are looking for...

There is very little 'go fast' aftermarket parts for an S15, the S13 and 14 have a much bigger market.
Most of the S13 and S14 mods just bring the setup to S15 hp levels.
The S15 6 speed has a really tall tower that will protrude up above the tunnel.
The 5 speeds of an S13/14 mated to a 3.7 produces a car that will turn the tires in first and soundlessly cruise at 80MPH at 2500RPM.
The S15 utilizes a speed sender in the diff. If you do not plan on running the S15 diff, a sender has to be adapted to the tranny or driveshaft. Easily doable, but an extra pain.
The S15 intake leaves better access to the lower passenger side of the motor.

I'm sure there are more things to weigh...TR
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
TR

Post by TR »

Probably about 190 at the crank, but close enough to 200. I bet that is a lot of fun to drive!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
TR

Post by TR »

I didn't get to see it, but I have seen that dyno curve! TR
Cherry Blossom

Post by Cherry Blossom »

thanks for the facts TR.
what kind of differential is good for the s15 tranny?
and speed sender is the same as a speed sensor right?
TR

Post by TR »

I haven't researched the ratios in the 6 speed. I'd bet that the first and the final ratios are the same as the 5 speed, just that each gear is closer, but I do not know for sure.

As I wrote about the S13 equipped roadster with a 3.7, tires can be turned over in first and the car is quiet at speed due to the low RPM. The car could be geared higher for better acceleration and easier starts and RPM would only climb a little at freeway speeds. So as for the best differential it is a matter of taste.

Yes, the speed sensor is what I was referring to as a sender...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Cherry Blossom

Post by Cherry Blossom »

also found this autech S15 complete swap on zilvia.net
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=71414

man i would love to have this engine!!