" What Should I Ask for My 1969 Roadster on E-Bay "

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

PROUD ROADSTER OWNER

" What Should I Ask for My 1969 Roadster on E-Bay "

Post by PROUD ROADSTER OWNER »

Hi ! I think I'm going to sell my 1969 SPL 311 1600 Roadster on E-Bay and know that I can't get back what I have invested in it but realisticly what can I get for it ? I have nearly $8,000 invested in it and it was appraised at $7,000 before I replaced the top,tires and had carbs refurbished ! The car has many new or rebuilt parts on it !
( NEW ) :
5 whitewall tires,5 chrome trim rings,rechromed front and rear bumpers,disc brake pads front,rear wheel cylinders,brake shoes rear,brake hoses front and rear,brake lines rear,gas lines,distributor,plug wires,ballast resister,coil,electric fuel pump,fuel filter,air cleaner,battery,starter to frame ground strap,radiator hoses top and bottom,thermostat,radiator cap,radiator reserve cap,oil breather cap,choke and throttle braided cables,water pump,alternator belt,convertible top,distributor vaccum advance & seat belts !
( Rebuilt ) :
Front brake remanufactured disc brakecalipers,radiator,carburetors rebuilt by Keith in January,starter,altrernator,gas tank cleaned and treated,seats restretched and are in very good original condition,motor has 250 miles since rebuilt and runs excellent -- new rings,pistons,inserts,main bearings,oil pump,timing components,exhaust and intake valves & bored .040 over !
( Good to Very Good Condition ) :
Carpeting,Dash (cap),Paint spanish red nice older paint job,body never had rust issues and car has less rust than some sitting on new car lots,transmission shifts great and clutch is very good ! Nice Roll Bar with padding & luggage carrier !!
( Spare Parts Being Included with Car ) :
1600 motor good compression but blown head gasket block only,4 spd. transmission,starter,alternator,hood,trunklid,windshield,passenger side door,radiator,rear brake drums,windshield wiper motor,heater core,clutch,pressure plate,flywheel,speedometer,clock,tachometer & other small misc. !!
( 1 Issue With Car ) MINOR !! Either needs new master cylinder or brakes need rebled ! Drove car 15 miles yesterday and brakes stopped car but weren't as good as should be !!
WHAT SHOULD I ASK FOR ALL OF IT ??? THANKS DON !!!
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Hard to say what you'll get on ebay. Your car sounds pretty nice and I'm not sure if the ebayers will value it accurately or not. I bought my 68 2000 on ebay for just under 4 grand; it was straight and running, but had ratty interior and had been parked for some time (couple years) and had those issues, including needing a brake job. So 4k is definitely a lowerbound on the value for yours, which seems to be in a bit better condition.
You just never know with ebay what people are going to be willing to pay.
One piece of advice I will give you is to sell the car separately from the spare parts. As long as the car is complete, I believe you will do better to sell it separately because if you do it together people will just bid on the car and consider the parts a "throw-in" and not give them much value when they figure how much they are willing to bid. Then you can sell the parts for their individual value or as a lot and get something for them.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
sgriffin
Roadster Fanatic

car value

Post by sgriffin »

I agree with Andy about selling the parts separately. They will help you recoup what you might not get for the car. It sounds nice. The last three years that I've seen the cars sell on ebay I've noticed that the 2000's do best (especially the 67.5) and there was an extraordinarily fine early car that did really well. I would not recommend selling it on ebay, but rather try to sell it locally. Good luck. Sam
Sam E. Griffin
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Besides the "usual suspects" (newspaper, evilBay, craigslist, and collectorcartraderonline.com), don't forget to mention it and the parts on the roadster list since not all the list members subscribe to 311s.org (although I cannot imagine why not, can you, Steve? :? )
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:

Post by S Allen »

Not a clue Pete.

Steve :roll:
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
nking79

Post by nking79 »

Keep a close eye on ebay for the next few weeks/months and note who is bidding on Datsun Roadsters, MGs, etc. Those who didn't bid enough to win may be interested in buying your car.