SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

NORCAL UFO autoX March 24

Post by SLOroadster »

UFO AutoX dates for 2013:

March 24, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #1 Double points
April 21, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #2
May 4, 2013 – Saturday UFO AutoX School
May 5, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #3 Double points - Date may be shared with DeAnza
June 9, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #4
July 21, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #5
August 4, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #6
September 8, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #7
October 6, 2013 Sunday UFO AutoX Event #8 Double points
October 27, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #9
November 10, 2013 – Sunday UFO AutoX Event #10

The following changes will be in effect:
1.) All waivers will be signed at the entry point to the site just after the gate along the entry fence.
2.) New waiver for Marina Motorsports must be signed by all who enter the site in addition to the annual City of Marina Waiver and the UFO event waiver.
3.) A new chain link fence will replace the green cone line separating the site area from the active taxi way (this may not yet be in place for our 1st event on March 24th).
4.) UFO AutoX entry fee is going up to $40.00 per driver, $70.00 per couple in the same car as we will be paying a fencing fee.
5.) When the Go Karts are running at the same time, they will probably be using our same entry and exit point and continuing over to their site through the long paved area at the bottom of the site that parallels Reservation Rd used as pits. Therefore there must be two lanes clear through all sections of the pits at all times. If you park in the middle of this area, you must not cordon off area on either side of your vehicle & trailer.

There may be more changes that we are not yet aware of that will need to be implemented. We will add additional information as we get it.

Hope to see you all out on March 24th!
Cheers,
Peggy & Dennis

So, with that said/read, looks like we are on for the 24th. VS and VSP will be running group 5 in the afternoon and working group 6. I'm planning on running the roadster unless it rains. Come on out and lets see some roadsters run.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Re: NORCAL UFO autoX March 24

Post by SLOroadster »

The race is a go. I'm planning on running the roadster as it looks like it will be a nice day. Come on out to watch or run.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I'm all packed, anyone else coming out to play? I should be down there about noon or so.
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Will how did it go it was a beautiful day at Seca so Marina must have been nice too.
Thinking about arranging a ZCG auto-x group to attend
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Alvin wrote:Will how did it go it was a beautiful day at Seca so Marina must have been nice too.
Thinking about arranging a ZCG auto-x group to attend
The car ran great, however combined with it being a cool day with wind, getting heat into the tires was next to impossible without having a co-driver. I got my ass handed to me by a couple of guys co driving a very well prepped 510 by about 2.5 seconds to the winner (car owner) and a couple tenths to the co-driver/ tire warmer. I've never beaten that 510 when driven by its owner, I've been within a tenth of a second, but never outright beaten the car. I think I was 3rd, but I haven't seen the results yet. Rico and Lynn were about a second behind me in the Z, I think . There were a bunch of other people running another Z, but I think they were behind Rico (I think Lynn beat Rico). I think the funniest thing I over heard was a guy with an SR turbo powered 510 asking a friend what motor was in his 510 due to his times being 5 seconds faster. My friend answered, "The kind that makes 96 hp out of 1.6 liters on a good day." :smt082 We had a good laugh at that one over pizza.

It was a full grid, but there was one guy trying to drift a 240SX who sucked, and killed a lot of cones on every run. That did nothing for keeping the very little bit of heat in the tires. Usually I get about a 6 psi rise in tire pressure, Sunday however I got 2 lbs and that was it. My second run I got 0. It was a perfect roadster course, narrow in many places, some tricky hairpins and a side step slalom. I heard a lot of people complaining it was too narrow, but I didn't have an issue aside from the car sliding rather than sticking.

The trip home sucked, two different accidents. One on 154 (I think that is the right one) out of Castroville, traffic was rerouted and it took me an hour to get from Castroville to 101. I think it was all of 5 miles. There was another accident just north of Gilroy as well. It took me 3:45 to get home. It was a very long day.

It would be great to get a bunch of Datsuns out running. It is the "United Five Ten Owners Club" after all, there just aren't many 510s or other Datsuns running these days. There isn't a whole lot of standing around unless someone kills a bunch of cones. The grids have been pretty big (good for the club, pays the bills.) but not a lot or re runs or down time.

The next race is the weekend before Solvang, hopefully I won't break the car.

Will
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Got the results today. Looks like we had 11 people in class, 3 510s, 2 240Zs, 1 Fiat 124 (dead last by nearly 10 seconds, ouch.) and myself.
The results:
Dion Johnson 49.255 510
Cheyne Johnson 52.520 510
Myself 52.646 Roadster
Justin Markovits 53.984 510 (ran out of group, points don't count.)
Lynn Maryatt 53.520 240Z
Chris Sifferman 54.034 240Z
Rico Ramires 54.357 240Z
Rolly Chany 54.363 240Z
Mike Contreras 55.095 510 (SR20 Swap, wrong class points don't count)
Joel Crowley 55.498 240Z
Michael Egan 63.244 Fiat 124 spider.

There were two other 510s that should be in VSP but they are running full race slicks (Non DOT approved.) that ran as well. They were a very long way off the pace in their class. The winning time in that class was a 46.843 to their 51.874 and 53.968.

Will