Tonneau covers

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Tonneau covers

Post by 69ner »

hey guys just wanted to know if anyone knew of a custom place that did this kind of work......im from the L.A. area. Thanks guys
FergO2k
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

tonneau cover resources

Post by FergO2k »

Hey there,
you mean a custom tonneau or someone to install the snaps in your stock one?
I took my new uncut tonneau to a local upholstery shop, with the snaps, left him the car and he installed them for like 40 bucks. If you want a custom one made, go to a marine canvas place, (try the recycler.com for this service) or look for those resources. Just be aware that there are a lot of sailmakers and canvas seamstresses that are out of work in the winter time, so you can get great prices at that time of the year. The place I went was on Aviation in Redondo Beach. If you want I'll drive by and get the name off the place..... (next week)
Fergus O
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

well the problem with my roadster is that the snaps are not there....the car has them shaved off.....what i wanted to do is to not drill holes in the body, but rather just install the snaps onto the rear boarder where the old soft top was located(there are no latches anywhere to be attached to)....i dont have a soft top but only a hard top....i hope you know what i mean....but basically i need a custom job.
shifty
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by shifty »

The soft top would have attached to the same twisties and posties that a tonneau would attach to. A custom upholstery shop might be able to come up with something that would work.

The aftermarket tonneaus, like Robbins come without the hardware installed, but might be too big. The edges extend about an inch out over the body (where the stock hardware was), so you might need a custom tonneau as well.
Leigh Brooks

http://www.shiftco.com - my blog about cars (and stuff)
Latest post: http://www.shiftco.com/radios/the-test-mule/

67.5 SRL-00139 sleeping
67.5 SPL-11481 suspended animation
67.5 SPL-12961 snoring
67.5 SPL-13622 - H20 PWR!