Im really thinking of pulling the U20 for an SR20

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

toolsnob

Swaps

Post by toolsnob »

The quality of this forum has really taken a down turn. We need to get back on track for what this is supposed to be used. If someone has installed an air cleaner upside down and needs help in turning it around, that is what we are supposed to be here for.

I will continue swapping motors as long as people are willing to pay me to do it. And the more we talk on the forum, the more people have contacted me on swapping their cars for improved milage, reliability and long term service.

I like original cars too...as long as I don't have to follow them down the road and get anoxiated.

Alexi
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
TR

Post by TR »

Ahhh, I didn't say someone else shouldn't do it...Just that it would piss me off if I did it. I didn't intend a slight to any Ford equipped cars. I may disagree, but I do not care what others do. I am obviously not a purist although I would not alter a 67.5 as other people care greatly about them.

My comment is based on a pickup I had that was nothing but trouble. The V8 equipped truck we had when I was young was great, but the ranger was one POS.

And a retort: I'm glad you got the ego boost from the mag. It is not a priority for me. I love driving my car no matter how ugly it is and how much my close friends make fun of me for driving something that is covered in cosmetic rust and three diffeent colors of paint with various dings and dents.

Mark - Sorry for the slight, TR
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

alving wrote:Hey Sid,
One of these days I'll do a cross country trip and you can drive my roadster. I can see it now on TV, "....Alvin roams across the nation to spread the SR20 gospel..."
Hey, I can see it, too....."Brother Alvin's Nationwide SR20 Gospel Tour"....T-shirts.....bumper stickers.....and more! 8)
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Make sure you stop off in Boston and visit me, brother Alvin! I'll take a couple bumper stickers. :D
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Stickerman wrote:
What magazine can I see yours in?

You started it :D
You are not the only one...

You can see my SR20DE powered roadster in the January 2002 issue of "Turbo Magazine"... :lol:

A certain black S14 SR20DE powered roadster (not my car!) will be featured in the pages of SCC very soon as well... whoo-hoo! Go SR's!

Michael
Spriso.Motorsports
Spriso Motorsports
http://www.spriso.com
Instagram https://instagram.com/spriso/
SR20 Powered Roadsters
Engine swap kits Available! See my website!
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Anyone know someone in SoCal that does swaps?

Joaquin
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

I am just glad to see that Raul is back!!!!!!

I you just came back to get a big war going over U20 vs. SR20 vs. KA24?? I promise I am going to stay out of it.

I beg you though please do not do the swap on the 67-2000, just because they are soooo rare stock.

Do it on the 66 or a 68-70 please!!

Lou Smaldino

64-1500
66-1600 (KA24DE)
67-2000
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Raul,
If you mess with the 67.5, I'll come and do a five finger discount with it. :P

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!